Heritage Owners Club

Outside Chance

DetroitBlues

Well, my job situation is rather interesting to say the least. If I'm lucky, I'll never have to file for unemployment. Which also means, there is an outside chance I'll have a significant sum of money in the process. So while I'm wishing for a great job to magically appear in the next few weeks, I've decided to ease my mind a bit and think about the possibility of ordering my first new Heritage....

My first Heritage has been my favorite one so far, I'm thinking of ordering one with the exact same specifications, except for a larger neck profile (just not as large as my Strat!)

H-147 or 157

Bound Ebony Fretboard

Mini Block Inlays

MOP Logo and bound headstock

One piece flame maple top

One piece mahogany back

Chrome Hardware

Seth Lovers

Belly Cut

Weight Relieved

My second option is:

H535

Bound rosewood Fretboard

Block Inlays

Red Wine Flame Maple

Gold Hardware

Seth Lovers

Bigsby

But what if a long standing HOC member could get them to make a 147 for the first time in years ?

I doubt they'd go for it, lesson the orderee had above 13,000 or so posts.

I don't think any H147 or H157 ever came with a belly cut. I think you'd have to eliminate the binding on the back. At that point maybe you're talking a Deluxe Ultra version.

Of course, you might also think about a Millie Ultra Std.

Well, my job situation is rather interesting to say the least. If I'm lucky, I'll never have to file for unemployment. Which also means, there is an outside chance I'll have a significant sum of money in the process. So while I'm wishing for a great job to magically appear in the next few weeks, I've decided to ease my mind a bit and think about the possibility of ordering my first new Heritage....

My first Heritage has been my favorite one so far, I'm thinking of ordering one with the exact same specifications, except for a larger neck profile (just not as large as my Strat!)

H-147 or 157

Bound Ebony Fretboard

Mini Block Inlays

MOP Logo and bound headstock

One piece flame maple top

One piece mahogany back

Chrome Hardware

Seth Lovers

Belly Cut

Weight Relieved

My second option is:

H535

Bound rosewood Fretboard

Block Inlays

Red Wine Flame Maple

Gold Hardware

Seth Lovers

Bigsby

I thought you did not like bling?

what finish on the 147/157?

not a fan of either gold hardware (with some exception) or bigsby (with no exception whatsoever), go with the 147... that is a cool idea!

I'm going to come in from left field, DB. You're a big guy - the body size of a 140 looks tiny against you. The 535 is better proportioned for your height.

Supporting evidence: you dumped the 140 after a short time and you've held onto the Epi for a long time. There's something about that whole body style that feels right for you.

I don't think any H147 or H157 ever came with a belly cut. I think you'd have to eliminate the binding on the back. At that point maybe you're talking a Deluxe Ultra version.

Of course, you might also think about a Millie Ultra Std.

Lefty Alicia has a H157 with a belly cut and there is no binding on the back.

Archived