Heritage Owners Club

Ren Nearly Caused Me to Have a Heart Attack

DavesNotHere

Marv called me last week to tell me that my latest was ready to spray, and said he would get to it "any day now".

Ren sent me an email this morning, with an attachment, that said

"Marvin wants to know if you like this. It's your guitar"

Naturally I was excited and opened the attachment and my reaction was "Wow! Beautiful!.......but...but...but that's not my guitar!"

It was pretty damn close, right model, just about the right color, but it wasn't mine. I just assumed that he mixed up a couple of photos and sent mine to someone else.

So, I emailed Ren back and said "That sure is a beauty, but you sent me the wrong picture, that one isn't mine"

He replied "You better call Marv right now"

That's when my heart sank. The first thing I thought was the tags got swapped or there was some other disconnect and mine was now black, or green, or pink, not that there's anything wrong with that :mocking_mini:

I really had no idea what was going on.

So I called Marv and he immediately started laughing and told me, "No, that's not yours. It's for a guy in Germany. I told Rendall to say I just wanted you to see if you liked it before I sprayed yours. It's close to what yours will look like"

I felt relieved and Marv and I talked for a while and the best news is that he is going to personally spray mine tomorrow. :headbang:

So, maybe I'll have it before Christmas!

So . . . I must be chosen. Ah . . . the chosen one! Master, what must I do to be chosen?

No, that's not it at all. You need to call the factory and build a relationship with them. Many of the owners know us personally from calling, visiting, and attending PSP. If you have a custom order, it's your guitar and you should check to make sure they are on top of it.

just my opinion, and what I have always done. Don't be afraid to call.

No, that's not it at all. You need to call the factory and build a relationship with them. Many of the owners know us personally from calling, visiting, and attending PSP. If you have a custom order, it's your guitar and you should check to make sure they are on top of it.

I agree. PSP is probably the best way to connect. It gives the folks at Heritage a way to put a face to a name and make a personal connection.

I agree. PSP is probably the best way to connect. It gives the folks at Heritage a way to put a face to a name and make a personal connection.

I appreciate the input. I hope my style of humor didn't ruffle. I think my guitar will be here long before the next PSP and it's really not that far off of stock. I really love shopping for and buying guitars, and I think the special order is my favorite way to do it. It stretches out that feeling of "gonna get a new guitar" for a while.

I'd enjoy PSP and if it were a state over I'd do it. But if I decided to fly there, my family would rightfully want to go too, and that would be 3 plane tickets etc. (Have I mentioned my fear of flying?) I could, on the other hand, use that money to buy another Heritage guitar. I wonder which I would choose? (I mean which guitar model!)

No, not as of today. They are sending the hardware to Wolfe's. I guess they don't truss me to return the old hardware.

That is ridiculous, that stuff should have been sent directly to you, over-nighted, at their expense! After

all, you paid for and shipped them your hardware and they put the wrong stuff on it!!! I've had problems

with custom builds before and the companies offered to ship my guitar back and forth for free and that

would cost alot more than their cost of hardware!!! This is TERRIBLE customer service.

Archived