Heritage Owners Club

Red Plate Amplifiers

Vanschoyck

I always try to spend my hard earned dollars locally. It helps support your community, your family, and your friends. If you have a well respected amp builder right next door, I say walk in the door and start a conversation with one of the owners and see where that takes you. I wouldn't hurt to take a nice heritage with you!

The guy who builds Red Plate amps is one of the real gurus of the modern boutique amp building community. They are among the best values out there for no holds barred tone. Henry knows the different types of Dumble circuits inside and out as well as the Fender and Marshall ones.

The money spent takes a fair amount of time for most folks to earn to buy one new, well, the time the builder took to make that new amp by hand was a fair amount as well. The parts used are top shelf, period. Red Plate amps are among the rulers of the tone heap, and they are consistently built to last and not break.

I have a Red Plate "Blues Machine". I'm sure it's a great amp, but I just never bonded with it. It's for sale for 1/2 the price of a new one if anyone is interested. It has very little play time on it. I have been totally enjoying my Heritage "Lobo", Fender "Princeton Reverb II", and ThroBak amps. I think those are all I will ever need.

I have a Red Plate "Blues Machine". I'm sure it's a great amp, but I just never bonded with it. It's for sale for 1/2 the price of a new one if anyone is interested. It has very little play time on it. I have been totally enjoying my Heritage "Lobo", Fender "Princeton Reverb II", and ThroBak amps. I think those are all I will ever need.

That's very interesting. Are you a strictly clean player, over drive player, od in the amp, or od from a pedal player?

There ya go, not the right fit. Can totally see it.

Some amps take quite a while to break in. My last three brand new amps took over a hundred hours apiece for them to develop their sweeter, more musical post break in voice.

But if it didn't fit, it didn't fit, period.

I think the reason I didn't bond with the Red Plate "Blues Machine" is because it is so complicated. It has black face, brown face, and tweed modes, gain or no gain, and reverb on the front and then there are a whole host of other tweaks in the back. I'm just a simple amp guy, give me volume and 3 tone controls and that is all I want. Anything else I will do from my pedals. The blues machine is a tweakers dream, but I am not a tweaker.

I think the reason I didn't bond with the Red Plate "Blues Machine" is because it is so complicated. It has black face, brown face, and tweed modes, gain or no gain, and reverb on the front and then there are a whole host of other tweaks in the back. I'm just a simple amp guy, give me volume and 3 tone controls and that is all I want. Anything else I will do from my pedals. The blues machine is a tweakers dream, but I am not a tweaker.

I get that. I've been playing pure clean for quite a while now, so I'm not so sure I want a channel switcher at all. I already have a Boogie 50 Caliber, which sounds nice but it's noisy and eats power tubes. Looks like you have a nice stable of amps to play with.

I visited the site, as well, Dave. Well done! Hats off to anyone who gets his music out of the rehearsal space, and into somebody's ears. Dig the cover art for D Flat Samba! The only hip friends my parents ever had, late Fifties-early Sixties, had a jazz record collection full of LP's with covers like that. Makes me want to sit in an Eames chair, listen to it on some Koss headphones....

I visited the site, as well, Dave. Well done! Hats off to anyone who gets his music out of the rehearsal space, and into somebody's ears. Dig the cover art for D Flat Samba! The only hip friends my parents ever had, late Fifties-early Sixties, had a jazz record collection full of LP's with covers like that. Makes me want to sit in an Eames chair, listen to it on some Koss headphones....

Thanks Yoslate. Have you priced an Eames chair lately? My son does my cover art, so I save a few bucks there.

There ya go, not the right fit. Can totally see it.

Some amps take quite a while to break in. My last three brand new amps took over a hundred hours apiece for them to develop their sweeter, more musical post break in voice.

But if it didn't fit, it didn't fit, period.

I'm still breaking the AC15HW, I try to get at least an hour a day on it to get that Greenback loose:)

In my D-clones, it's the tone caps. Interesting learning experiences. In the amp garage forum one of the members detailed a way to bolt a pair of raw guitar speakers face to face and hook them up to a variac to speed up the process, like a fraction of the normal time. If you are not joined up there yet, Dan, go for it. you will totally dig.

I have a Redplate Blackverb Combo. It is hands down the best, most flexible amp that I have owned or played. It is compact, has great cleans, EQ and overdrive. The only pedals that I use anymore is a boost, tuner and delay. Henry focuses on a great BF cleans first and then drive. I haven't found it that complex to use. I have a clean and to drive settings dialed in (I also change the input depending on the guitar).

Highly recommended...

blackVerbfront.jpg

blackverbback.jpg

Archived