Heritage Owners Club

This forum. It's something special.

High Flying Bird

I just got off of the Ducks Unlimited forum.  I called some guy out for using one of my photos as his own and I am getting flogged for my efforts.  To be honest, right now, I would gladly fight some of the jerks who are responding to my post.  Keyboard courage from the duck hunters is in vogue.  They wouldn't speak to me like that in person, at least not but once.  :wink:  I see the same in the other forums I have belonged to but not here. 

We have a very good thing here.  I want to thank everyone here for their intelligence and civility.  I think that the people here are too sincere in their art than to be drawn into mealy mouthed pushing matches. 

See you in Kzoo next summer. 

Ron,

We all borrow pics from the internet now and then. But to claim them as our own would be downright dishonest! I can't imagine the mentality that would back what is an obvious lie. And the anonymity of the internet is just about as powerful as a bottle of Jack. No doubt you are fighting mad.

Some of what adds to our more "family" style here is that we are quite young as a forum. Just over a year old. Less than 1k members. And all intensly passionate about what is, lets admit, a somewhat eclectic product. We know these are the real deal. Those "in the know" know they are the real deal. But the general consensus is "Heritage. Oh yeah. I've heard of them." I've even gotten, "Are they still around?". So, not obscure, but not in the "mainstream" so to speak.

As for attitude on the forum, yeah baby!! We gots us some great guys. Knowledgeable, which really helps! ;D Just as an FYI, the discussion of having to  :police: our own forum does comes up in ... conversations ... from time to time.  :wink: Thankfully, the need has seldom arisen.

I enjoy the company, conversation, and give and take here immensely!  Everyone contributes to the vibe.  This forum is the only one I've ever done, and I have no interest in joining others.  I don't get on without learning something.  Thanks all! 

I am relatively new to this forum, but I will say that my experience here has been great.  Interestingly, there are quite a few Heritage owners in my area (Jay Wolfe is our local dealer) and no one that I know even knew that this forum existed.  I have spread the word and everyone so far has enjoyed visiting here.

JMHO

Jim Cruz

definitely a stand up crowd here.

oh and  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Jeez Bob....

width=342 height=480http://www.ronwarren.com/ducks/flap2_std.jpg[/img]

I have say that what I've read here so far (I'm pretty much a newbie) is one of the best forums I've read. LeftyFrets is my home as far as my first forum and it has the same vibe as this forum, just concerning lefty guitars. Santa Cruz has a good forum also. But I like the general tone and good humored kidding that lives here. Thanks everyone.

Gee, birds of a feather stay together...

Photo taken at Pine Lake MI., just a stones throw from the site of the first ever HOC, which I couldn't attend.

See you all next summer..

swans1.jpg

swans1.jpg_thumb

It's something special.

I agree.

I used to be a member of the LP forum as well, but there's way too much cork-sniffing snobbery in there;

I haven't been to that website for several months.

Oh.. someone had to do this... smite me...

C... M. R. Ducks...  O. S. A. R.

anyone else remember this?

Anyway.. way cool photo.. You see stuff like this and take it forgranted all the things that go into a shot like this one.. Kudos..

FWIW.. I've got lots of pictures of whale splashes from my whale watching trips.. No actual shots of the whales.. just the splashes :(

[me=Dick Seacup]absentmindedly muses the probability of this thread descending into depravity and becoming the second thread ever to be locked.  "Probably small," he says.[/me]

There once was a man from Nantucket....

Back to the point.....

I love this place. I used to post at Birds & Moons all the time but just got talked down to or ignored.

We have fun here, but everyone is felt welcomed and (I think anyhow) everyone genuine cares about fellow HOC members as well as Heritage guitars.

I know other non-members don't get it. I spoke with several LARGE independent guitar stores (ie Willcutts) and was talking to the owner about Heritage guitars. He said "Yea they are OK for the money, but I stock the original; Gibsons." Well I knew he would never get "it" so I just changed the subject.

I was talking to a vintage dealer today and he said Heritages Guitars were better than Gibson but he doesn't to take any on trade because of low resale value. He gets it but to him it's just business.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I buy Heritage because they are the best "new vintage" guitar at any price.

And I check in here 5-10 times a day because I get you guys as well!!!!

Archived