Heritage Owners Club

NHGD

tsp17

we all have been there bro. i've had many that got away. they always have led to something else even better. I was chasing a different one before this one, but missed it. so glad i did. yours will come...

Congrats on a great guitar! I wasn't as burned up about that one getting away as I was about why but thats a whole different topic!

Seeing new member JCollins' post asking for help identifying his Heritage H150 (see: http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/25767-trying-to-figure-out-what-my-guitar-is/)

prompted me to pop open the control cavity and check the label. Says "Alm SB (Spl.)" which I assume is a special order version of Almond sunburst.

F197949E-D74A-4F17-8DEF-B78B54D2420B.jpg

Skydog52 confirms that the color of this one and its sibling were a special order to approximate the color of Duane's guitars in this photo:

duaneindex_zps49a7fed1.jpg

If loving your guitar is wrong, I don't wanna be right! I got my H-535 this week. My fingertips are raw and I have a tender spot on my rib cage from playing it. I can't put it down....except to polish and clean on it :icon_smile:

Congratulations and hope you have the same problem. :occasion14:

If loving your guitar is wrong, I don't wanna be right! I got my H-535 this week. My fingertips are raw and I have a tender spot on my rib cage from playing it. I can't put it down....except to polish and clean on it :icon_smile:

Congratulations and hope you have the same problem. :occasion14:

spot on!

Thanks. My sentiments exactly. The Seth Lovers are a perfect match for it.

Guitarbean and SkyDog52's pics are better than mine so here are a few from their prior posts:

DSC_0001_zpsb3622633.jpg

I cannot help but keep coming back to this photo! It literally looks like a R9 burst, but way better than the Gibsons I have seen. I have saved this photo as for whenever I do a custom build WAY in the future I want this finish & that style of flame. IT IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I have, with no exaggeration, came back to this thread 15 times to look at this image. If you ever decide to let it go down the road, let me know. I am sure there is already a long line but I want to be in it =)

I cannot help but keep coming back to this photo! It literally looks like a R9 burst, but way better than the Gibsons I have seen. I have saved this photo as for whenever I do a custom build WAY in the future I want this finish & that style of flame. IT IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I have, with no exaggeration, came back to this thread 15 times to look at this image. If you ever decide to let it go down the road, let me know. I am sure there is already a long line but I want to be in it =)

I TOTALLY agree!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I love this guitar. It is messing with me though. It just keeps tapping on my mind reminding me that it is there. I have to play it, LOUD, or it won't stop.

Some guitars make us play them differently than others. That 150 is a screamer. Let her scream!

• 2 months later...

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, wait... yes I do!

tsp17, I hope she is still treating you well and you are still playing her really loud!!! I still come back and look at the photos pretty regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks- I've lived with this guitar for a while now, and played a variety of music with it, from jazz to contemporary pop, blues and rock ( e.g., Allman Bros, Stones, Derek and the Dominoes, Beatles, Credence, SRV, etc..), soul/r&b/Muscle Shoals, etc, etc.

earlier this evening i was jamming on Scofield's Hottentot and Stones Sympathy for the Devil for an hour or so (loud).

I love this guitar. It has taught me the value of a beefy neck, given me a voice i did not know i had, and the freedom to play in a way i did not know i could play, ...it is just full of soul and fire and softness.

Thanks again guitarbean for putting it on the market, and skydog52 for conjuring it.

Archived