Heritage Owners Club

Guitars that never seem to come up for sale

heritagefan7

I have been looking for a 157 VSB for years!--They just seem to NEVER come up for sale or I simply miss them when they do! I see 535 ASB--ALSB often! 150's seem pretty available in a variety of finishes (see 150 in VSB a fair amt) as well--OF COURSE all of these are wonderful guitars. But form the moment that saw the 157 VSB, I was awestruck. I know that I could order---but I like the process of the hunt for that elusive (and lower than retail priced) find.

Some gits it seems are just hard to find on the used market---(I'd like to have a Trini Lopez as well--try finding one of those anywhere close to affordable---In a moment of weakness I even looked at the Reverend Tricky Gomez!) Anybody else find this to be true or been looking for something (esp Heritage) that just doesn't seem to come on the market often?

I have two Heritages. One is a H-155. The other is a Prospect. I may have to part with one of them. I'm trying to decide which one to put up for sale. I'd like to keep the rarest of the two. The Prospect neck fits my hand better. But the H-155 is such a unique instrument. It's a tough choice.

Mark Slaughter heritage. I have two daughters for trade. Both are half Mexican American but are basically NOS. Kept in a humidity controlled no smoking environment. No surface wear or broken bones.

Guest HRB853370

525's come up very rarely, especially those in VSB! :icon_thumright:

I agree the hunt for a rare guitar is fun. But when I come across one, I usually cannot come close to affording it.

I have been looking for a 157 VSB for years!--They just seem to NEVER come up for sale or I simply miss them when they do! I see 535 ASB--ALSB often! 150's seem pretty available in a variety of finishes (see 150 in VSB a fair amt) as well--OF COURSE all of these are wonderful guitars. But form the moment that saw the 157 VSB, I was awestruck. I know that I could order---but I like the process of the hunt for that elusive (and lower than retail priced) find.

I sold this VSB not that long ago. I got it back in trade and traded it again. These gems are out there.

p1010003_zps4aaf4f25.jpggallery_2472_317_74291_zps4dabe927.jpg

I sold this VSB not that long ago. I got it back in trade and traded it again. These gems are out there.

p1010003_zps4aaf4f25.jpggallery_2472_317_74291_zps4dabe927.jpg

YES SIR---I KNOW---I have ashamedly spied and envied this for quite a while. It is simply perfect. I continue to look for something close!

JackBaruth has one now listed.

Thanks for the the heads up!

Sure I love the look of the H-357 and would definitely like to own one someday but I'm just not there yet. I've always felt that if your playing a wildly shaped guitar like a flying v, x-terminatar or something like the Mark Slaughter model within a live setting you had better either be one hell of shedder or an incredible showman……..as of this morning I'm neither. :icon_joker:

Archived