Heritage Owners Club

Introducing Mr. Black

I've never purchased a "boutique" pedal until now.... Instant love for a new builder, Mr. Black and his Deluxe Plus....

image_zps81167c84.jpg

Many of you know, I've had the privilege of owner two KBP Reverb Deluxes. Unfortunately I fought with the tone of them. The one thing I absolutely loved was the tube driven Reverb and Tremolo of the amp. If I was to have a "signature" sound, it's to leave a bit of reverb and tremolo on at all times. Gives me a more open, breathing sound to my playing. Since switching to a Jet City amp for the band, I lost my two beloved sounds. I attempted to replace them with a Line6 M5, but it's a one trick at a time pedal. I returned it to the store along with the funds from my recent pedal sales. Told the guy, I am looking for a Reverb and a Tremolo pedal. He said he found a new company that specifically makes a tremolo and reverb pedal based upon Fender Blackfaced amps. Pulled up to a Carvin Belair and a real deal '65 Stratocaster. Wow, it's just as good, if not better then my Traynor and any of the hand wired KBP's I've used.

Oh for your viewing pleasure, black over Sunburst '65 Strat.

photo_zps0b6d085d.jpg

That's a nice looking boo-teek pedal. If it gives up the vibrato & reverb goods, even better.

Are you familiar with the Boss Fender Deluxe Reverb/Vibrato pedal?

I use one for the same reasons you do...but not all the time.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=855

fdr_1_top_gal.jpg

They had one of those for $60. I was looking for one, but I didn't want an amp simulator (that's another thread)

Jack Deville (Mr. Black) is one talented pedal designer. I'm a big fan of his Deuce Coupe drive w/boost pedal. Would love to hear a clip of that Strat with the Deluxe Plus!

I don't have $11,000 for a thin neck Strat. Or any for any guitar...

Anyone notice the Heritage amp?

Guest HRB853370

I've never purchased a "boutique" pedal until now.... Instant love for a new builder, Mr. Black and his Deluxe Plus....

image_zps81167c84.jpg

Many of you know, I've had the privilege of owner two KBP Reverb Deluxes. Unfortunately I fought with the tone of them. The one thing I absolutely loved was the tube driven Reverb and Tremolo of the amp. If I was to have a "signature" sound, it's to leave a bit of reverb and tremolo on at all times. Gives me a more open, breathing sound to my playing. Since switching to a Jet City amp for the band, I lost my two beloved sounds. I attempted to replace them with a Line6 M5, but it's a one trick at a time pedal. I returned it to the store along with the funds from my recent pedal sales. Told the guy, I am looking for a Reverb and a Tremolo pedal. He said he found a new company that specifically makes a tremolo and reverb pedal based upon Fender Blackfaced amps. Pulled up to a Carvin Belair and a real deal '65 Stratocaster. Wow, it's just as good, if not better then my Traynor and any of the hand wired KBP's I've used.

Oh for your viewing pleasure, black over Sunburst '65 Strat.

photo_zps0b6d085d.jpg

To my recollection you only had the one Orange KBP reverb deluxe amp. What would the other one be?

It does sound great. Much sweeter than the Boss Deluxe pedal. (I wasn't aware that it was considered an amp simulator!)

The Boss Deluxe Reverb is supposed to be a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp simulator. There is a Boss '63 Reverb which is a simulator of the stand alone Fender Reverb head.

Archived