Heritage Owners Club

One guitar + Two amps = Tasty!

I was thinking about my setup yesterday and how a few of my pedals have two outputs for a stereo effect. I decided to use the Jet City JCA22H as the preamp and use the effects loop into a delay pedal to split the signal. Using my Deltalabs DD1 digital delay, I had the first output go back into the JCA22H effects loop and the 2nd output go into the Traynor input. Talk about awesome... To hear the growl of the JCA preamp running through to two different amp cabinets, one open back, one closed, was just awesome. I'm sure many of you do such things on a regular basis, but tonight I'm going to try it again with the chorus pedal instead in hopes of giving me a Leslie-like effect.

I tell you both those amps have a very different palate of tones, despite both being EL-84 amps, they sound so much different from each other, but they also compliment each other quite well.

Anyone else experience such fun?

*Side Question* What if I didn't have the effect loop go back to the JCA22H and just ran it into the Traynor, will that hurt the amp? I know I need to leave the speaker cab connected, but essentially putting the preamp out to a different amp, will that hurt it? Just curious to know.

I used to use as many as four amps at once by using a Voodoo Labs AMP SELECTOR, but tired of all the tweaking so then I cut the rig in half to two amps using the Fulltone ABY-HT to switch the amps in and out. Currently I'm back to a single amp with few efx, but that is subject to change at any moment.

Voodoo Labs AMP SELECTOR

http://www.voodoolab.com/ampselector.htm

Fulltone ABY-HT

http://www.fulltone.com/products/true-path-aby

Side answer as long as there's a load on the power amp your safe.

I used to play through a Marshall 30th Anniversary and a Mark III Boogie simultaneously. The Marshall was set for grind and the Boogie was set for full headroom clean. Got a very good sound out of this combination and it was all there.

I love running stereo! It is a new found thing for me as well. I got the Fulltone supa trem 2 and LOVE IT! I run a vox night train and my Gries 35. The trem effect in stereo between the two is so freaking cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's another twist on this concept:

My Godin A6 Ultra has separate output jacks for the acoustic bridge transducer and the neck humbucker.

With two cables, you can run both outputs to the same amp (assuming there's more than one channel) and get both types of sound.

Better still is to run to two separate amps, with some distance between them. That gives a really nice stereo effect and sounds nothing short of amazing.

The two outputs sound completely different. Cheap way to add an extra guitarist to your playing.

DSC_0232_001_zpsf04dec46.jpg

Archived