Heritage Owners Club

Pictures of your Heritage order while "In-Progress".

Redsand

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Chico but these "In Progress" pics are currently just an idea and not happening on the regular.

That's why I thought it might be worth collecting the opinions of HOC folks in one place to possibly give the idea some weight.... possibly even some traction.

Absolutely! Not only is it exciting knowing that guitar will be in your hands soon, but seeing your build in progress really makes you appreciate the skill of the workers as they transform raw wood to the finished product. I wonder what type of response I would get if I asked Gib.... to do that for me?

WM

Who are you calling Traction? :icon_shaking2: I wanna help!... but.. I don't want friction!!!. We are working,after all. MUCH respect redsand :icon_salut: :icon_salut: . Maybe a few. I love this stuff too!!!

I agree Chico but these "In Progress" pics are currently just an idea and not happening on the regular.

That's why I thought it might be worth collecting the opinions of HOC folks in one place to possibly give the idea some weight.... possibly even some traction.

Thanks for the positive feedback gang.............. but to be honest I was really expecting a stronger turn out for this idea, I really can't say that 10 responses is going to persuade 4 dudes in their 70's to greenlight something like this.

None the less................Here's a few more for you WhiskeyMike:

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORTING HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20140716_131110_645_zps0022935e.jpg

IMG_20140716_144245_993_zps9dd3ff4b.jpg

How cool is that fingerboard???........and the X-bracing!!!!!!

Really helps the novice understand what goes into a build. Like the "X" bracing on that last picture you posted with the fretboard.

It's art in progress.

Thanks for the positive feedback gang.............. but to be honest I was really expecting a stronger turn out for this idea, I really can't say that 10 responses is going to persuade 4 dudes in their 70's to greenlight something like this.

None the less................Here's a few more for you WhiskeyMike:

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORTING HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20140716_131110_645_zps0022935e.jpg

IMG_20140716_144245_993_zps9dd3ff4b.jpg

How cool is that fingerboard???........and the X-bracing!!!!!!

Awesome!! I lost track of time and have no idea how long I have been staring at these pics, I can't look away!

NoSnowBlower thanks for pointing out the shavings on the floor I would have missed that detail. That fingerboard looks pretty effin sweet!

I'm shocked there weren't more posts requesting pics like these???

Thank you and please keep them coming!!

WIP shots are always wonderful. Put me in the "YES" column. I love watching someone's vision come to life.

These are just a few from my 357 build

IMAG1241_zps612239a3.jpg

IMAG1358_zps4c9c35a8.jpg

IMAG1361_zps867b485f.jpg

And a few from the many of my 150 build. Thanks again Skydog52

20130925_104535_zpsd0a565f6.jpg

Daveguitar3_zpscadd44f9.jpeg

20131105_101424_zpsdf51ab1d.jpg

image4_zps750141ab.jpeg

Does anyone know what that strip of wood is for that runs down the middle of the lower bout of the top?

That IS NOT a critique, I've never looked at the inside of an arch top and I'm curious about my baby!!

Thanks again for the pictures!

I'd love to have WIP pics on a custom build. But so far, they've said "no" to most of what I'd like done, so a custom build for me is questionable at the moment.

Others may have personal reasons, but I can't imagine why I would NOT want to see "in progress" posts. I'm a technology illiterate; the pictures in the H157 LE thread are precious to me.

Whether you are romantic or pragmatic, factory shots reinforce the artist/craftsmen aspect of Heritage. A relative intimacy with their skill & talent continues to draw me toward Heritage and away from mass produced guitars.

However, the sad internet reality is that haters are gonna hate. I think it would be a good idea to put on your marketing consultant hat before posting.

If a picture is worth a thousand words:

Would you as an HOC member give much value to receiving a few "In-Progress" pics from inside the plant while your instrument was being built?

Hell yeah! I'd want pictures of it every day. It's an absolute mystery to me how you guys create these works of art. If I ever get a chance to custom order one I'd like pictures of every step it goes through and pictures of everyone who touched it. If you have any on file of this H 110 I got from Brent I'd love to see them too.

Archived