Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Bandit 112?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pressure whatsoever if DB or anyone else wants this red stripe Bandit for $100, I'll bring it with me Thursday. I just have to know by tomorrow if you want it for sure. I'm not going to try to squeeze it in otherwise.

Thanks to Mr. Schundog, I now own a USA red stripe Peavey Bandit. Throughout this last PSP, I was able put it up against several nice tube amps. I was very pleased with its tone and volume. While I could have tried to instigate a volume war, I knew better.... I did have a moment that I turned the post-gain up instead of pre-gain when I wanted a bit more dirt. I read gain, not volume, so I accidentally did make it way too loud, but it was a honest mistake.

Thanks Brian for giving up one of your favorites. But with your prowlness in the local pawnshops, you'll find a suitable replacement in no time.

Hey Man, I'm glad you like it. It sounded good! Enjoy it. I've bought and sold MANY Peavey SS amps (Rage, Envoy, Chorus, multiple Bandits and Renowns) and will probably buy and sell a few more before the oldest of these 30 year old workhorses finally fade away. They get the job done, and are virtually bullet-proof. Don't be a schmuck like me; you've got a good/cheap one without issues, hang on to it!

Thanks to Mr. Schundog, I now own a USA red stripe Peavey Bandit. Throughout this last PSP, I was able put it up against several nice tube amps. I was very pleased with its tone and volume. While I could have tried to instigate a volume war, I knew better.... I did have a moment that I turned the post-gain up instead of pre-gain when I wanted a bit more dirt. I read gain, not volume, so I accidentally did make it way too loud, but it was a honest mistake.

Thanks Brian for giving up one of your favorites. But with your prowlness in the local pawnshops, you'll find a suitable replacement in no time.

Hey Man, I'm glad you like it. It sounded good! Enjoy it. I've bought and sold MANY Peavey SS amps (Rage, Envoy, Chorus, multiple Bandits and Renowns) and will probably buy and sell a few more before the oldest of these 30 year old workhorses finally fade away. They get the job done, and are virtually bullet-proof. Don't be a schmuck like me; you've got a good/cheap one without issues, hang on to it!

DB, read this! Print it out. Stick it on your fridge. Repeat it as a daily mantra.

Same goes for the Kuz x-Greenie 150 you now own. You should be set!!

I took a page out of Mr. Schundog's book.... I by-passed the preamp with my Line6 Sonic Port, used the Fender Accousonic amp setting on the Ampkit, and ran my 445 through it last night. I was really please to know I could do that because it will allow me to use the 445 when playing out.

Thanks again for the amp Brian!

I had one smaller than that in the 80's when I was High School age. I also played drums with a guitar player who had a 100 watt 2x12 combo. They got the job done that we needed them to do. (Early 80's)

It seemd like back then Peavey was the only name in amplifiers. But I'm sure my tastes and preferences in amplification have changed since then.

A bandit 65 was my 2nd amp back in the early 80's. A step up (though not much) from the Monkey Wards amp I started with (I think that was made by Marlboro, long defunct). These were pre trans tube with much more limited sound options. Just OK on the clean side, had to use pedals for most anything else, it could get loud though. Built like a tank. Hauled that thing all over creation in my early college years, not one problem. Traded it in towards the Mark 2b I still have, so I haven't looked back with any regrets!

I took a page out of Mr. Schundog's book.... I by-passed the preamp with my Line6 Sonic Port, used the Fender Accousonic amp setting on the Ampkit, and ran my 445 through it last night. I was really please to know I could do that because it will allow me to use the 445 when playing out.

Thanks again for the amp Brian!

Awesome, man. Those little Sonic Ports look pretty interesting. Enjoy it, bro!!

The more I play this amp, the more I love it... Used it against a full band on Friday night, other guy with some fancy Line6 tube amp with controls from a HD500 and the other guy had an old valvestate he kept dimed mixed with some 120watt solid state Crate amp. Both guys were really loud, and my Bandit held its own without being maxed. Its tone is truly like playing a valve amp, I can't believe it. I've been using it at home and think its going to be my gig amp.

No singer needs that much amp power!! Their job is to mouth the words. Then get the h*ck out of the way so we can play. ........ :icon_pirat:

I gig a whopping 15W's. One of our former guitar players, now playing with Florida Georgia Line (yep, almost name dropping) plays the exact same rig when playing guitar. Man, 120w PLUS another amp. Ouch!!!

So, I am considering buying one of these puppies... I don't ever gig, I don't really need the crazy expensive amp I currently have as much as I do love it... Does this thing sound good with pedals and can you actually gig with it if you wanted to?

So, I am considering buying one of these puppies... I don't ever gig, I don't really need the crazy expensive amp I currently have as much as I do love it... Does this thing sound good with pedals and can you actually gig with it if you wanted to?

Another good option on these would be the slightly smaller "Red stripe" Studio Pro 112. A little bit smaller in cab size and wattage, but essentially the same pre-amp. I've had a couple of them, and they're quite nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Peavey Bandit 112 back in the day, it did what it said on tin, but there was always something lacking for me, and that was valves. As for value for money, you can't complain. It seems that there are lots to be had and they come cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived