Heritage Owners Club

NGD... Prospect in AWB finish

FredZepp

I'll try to get around to some clips of this one , once I've got everything dialed in. Strange, the Seths seem a bit hotter than in my other guitars, but then again the others ones are all quite old so maybe the magnets aren't as strong as a new ones. I see that Seths were introduced in 1994. One of my sets is from 1999 and the other set may be before that.

Thanks for the hint on feedback , Kenny. I enjoy playing with some of that going on, but yes, it must be controllable.

I love the VWB finish on this and the tones that come from this recent Heritage... It's nice to have a Heritage that is almost new as compared to my others which all have some years on them... They haven't lost their magic touch for crafting guitars... or as Deurloo put it... "Kalamazoo is Mecca" for us guitar players.

Prospects are great. I've been thinking about a similar Prospect -- full hollow, block inlays, etc -- but with humbuckers. Has anyone ever seen one? yes, post #6 of this thread shows mine next to my cs336. http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/28791-was-there-a-gibson-equivalent-to-the-prospect/?do=findComment&comment=401321

Prospects are great. I've been thinking about a similar Prospect -- full hollow, block inlays, etc -- but with humbuckers. Has anyone ever seen one? yes, post #6 of this thread shows mine next to my cs336. http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/28791-was-there-a-gibson-equivalent-to-the-prospect/?do=findComment&comment=401321

Wow, that's great. Thanks for sharing. Good looking guitar, too -- let me know if you ever want to sell it :-) I imagine that it has a lot more "hollow resonance" than the CS336 (with it's solid center block) -- so the next question would be, how does it compare, hollow-resonance-wise, to a Standard Prospect (which has a floating center block, i.e. only touching the top)?

@goSteelers, i've not played any prospect except my hollow, so i cannot give you a tonal comparison with a floating block model. prospects be da shizzle, fo' sho'

• 3 weeks later...

:wewantclipszm2:

Alright ! YOU asked for it..... I blended together some clips taken with a camera phone... no plan to it, so if I had thought about it , I'd have picked different tunes... but anyhow. .. this does show a bit of the ground this Prospect covers. ..

Nice Snatch Fred! Once you dial her in, I bet you find all kinds of cunning stunts!

Happy New Guitar Day

Archived