Heritage Owners Club

Official 'Kahuna' Thread

Gitfiddler

This may be one of the shortest HOC threads ever.  But I can't get the Heritage 'Kahuna' model out of my head.  It is just such an interesting, yet familiar guitar design that one wonders why we do not see more of these 'rare birds' on the market.

If any of you have or know of a Kahuna being used, for sale or know anything about this model, here's the thread you've been waiting for.  8)

Here's a gorgeous custom 'Neptune Bluburst' I spotted recently at the Guitarx site:

http://www.guitarx.com/cgi-bin/store/index...;product=PstGtr

width=448 height=480http://www.guitarx.com/images/webstore/product/2011.jpg[/img]

No fret inlays? That is somehow ... very interesting. I like the horn. And of course, the Big Kahuna on the headstock!! :thumbsup:

Yep, I noticed the lack of inlays, blueburst finish and other custom features on the pictured model.  Cool stuff!!

I'd sure like to see one next to a 150 and 535 to get better perspective on its body size.

Here's the standard featured Kahuna according to Heritage's site:

width=600 height=262http://www.heritageguitar.com/images/New%20Models/Kahuna-smoking-ad-web.jpg[/img]

I always dug that model to...don't have a clue who the guy is, but he sure did a nice job designing that body on that thing!!

I may yet buy one, with a nice chunky neck..my only beef with the heritages I have now are the necks are a bit thin for my tastes

I always dug that model to...don't have a clue who the guy is, but he sure did a nice job designing that body on that thing!!

I may yet buy one, with a nice chunky neck..my only beef with the heritages I have now are the necks are a bit thin for my tastes

+1 on the neck profiles.  The good news is that they will carve one to fit big hands if desired.

I'd also make sure the git is not too heavy.  If it is solid body and larger than an H150, it could possibly be a real boat anchor. :P

+1 on the neck profiles.  The good news is that they will carve one to fit big hands if desired.

I'd also make sure the git is not too heavy.  If it is solid body and larger than an H150, it could possibly be a real boat anchor. :P

Marv told me they'd chamber any solid body. Which is cool. And +1 on the custom neck carves. They're carving mine "near to '59 specs".  :wink:

• 2 months later...

I've got a Kahuna.

I bought it a couple months ago from a guitar store where its previous owner had it on consignment.

The previous owner only collected guitars and never played them so it's in mint-never played condition with case.

It's a flame top that looks much like the Chris Bovard signature Kahuna as shown above in the is thread but it doesn't have the Chris Bovard name on it like the one pictured.

It was hard to read the serial number though because the first two digits were smudged in the ink stamping.

I believe it to read V20005. going by the guide to identifying serial numbers on this website I assume it to be a 2005, made with 200 days left in the year wich would be the middle of June and the fifth model produced that day.

I don't know much else about these but I think the production run was from 2003 through 2006?

I'd like to know how many of these were produced in total and how many per year if anyone can help.

Also I wonder why some have the Chris Bovard name on the truss cover while others like mine do not?

I've got a Kahuna.

I bought it a couple months ago from a guitar store where its previous owner had it on consignment.

The previous owner only collected guitars and never played them so it's in mint-never played condition with case.

It's a flame top that looks much like the Chris Bovard signature Kahuna as shown above in the is thread but it doesn't have the Chris Bovard name on it like the one pictured.

It was hard to read the serial number though because the first two digits were smudged in the ink stamping.

I believe it to read V20005. going by the guide to identifying serial numbers on this website I assume it to be a 2005, made with 200 days left in the year wich would be the middle of June and the fifth model produced that day.

I don't know much else about these but I think the production run was from 2003 through 2006?

I'd like to know how many of these were produced in total and how many per year if anyone can help.

Also I wonder why some have the Chris Bovard name on the truss cover while others like mine do not?

Welcome to the HOC!

you must post pics....that sounds like beauity!

I've got a Kahuna.

Pics please. I want to see a real one :)

I don't have a computer and am using one at the local library now but a friend of mine has a digital camera aand scanner and I will take my Kahuna to him soon and have him take a couple of pictures and post them.

Might be a few days but I will.

I don't have a computer and am using one at the local library now but a friend of mine has a digital camera aand scanner and I will take my Kahuna to him soon and have him take a couple of pictures and post them.

Might be a few days but I will.

If you have any problems posting the pics you can always email them to one of the guys here and they could be posted for you.

Just a though, looking forward to seeing those pics.

Uhh... we haven't actually seen it yet, have we? For now it's just a Nessie.

Photos are not good enough.  The rule is to send the guitar to Huntsville, Al. to have it evaluated.  I think Brent has the address. 

Archived