Heritage Owners Club

Roland N.A.D.

OK, I'm still 'relatively' GAS free...but sometimes a deal comes along that simply cannot be passed up.

Just scored this amazing little Cube 80GX off of Craig's List. (I need to stop going there!). It's the latest Cube model and was barely used by the seller. Seems he is getting deep into booteek tube amps. Perfect timing!

This is the perfect little lightweight, feature packed, solid state back up rig. And it is LOUD!!

It can stay in the trunk while the tube amps get first call. If a tube amp dies at a gig, I'm covered. Also great for band rehearsal or late night silent playing through the headphone jack.

My back already loves it!

http://www.rolandus.com/products/cube-80gx/

cube-80gx_angle_1_gal.jpg

cube-80gx_top_gal.jpg

Thanks guys. This is a great little amp. It is currently scaring the daylights out of my tube amp harem. The archtops LOVE this amp's unadulterated clean tones.

The only downside is the lack of an Extension Speaker Out. For some unknown reason, Roland removed this from the 80GX, but no biggie. I can always go direct to the board, or mike this little beast.

The former model 80XL has an ext. sprk. out feature. (Smart move, Genericmusic!).

Thanks guys. This is a great little amp. It is currently scaring the daylights out of my tube amp harem. The archtops LOVE this amp's unadulterated clean tones.

The only downside is the lack of an Extension Speaker Out. For some unknown reason, Roland removed this from the 80GX, but no biggie. I can always go direct to the board, or mike this little beast.

The former model 80XL has an ext. sprk. out feature. (Smart move, Genericmusic!).

Scary. Isn't it? :D

When I 'discovered' the Cube, I wasn't even looking at amps. I was looking at guitars. One day, the Cube 80x was just handy and I plugged in. I LOVED it. Now... I thought I just loved the guitar. Then I plugged into something else on another trip and I just wasn't as pumped about the guitar. So... I plugged back into Cube just so I could eliminate the guitar as the problem. There it was. LOVED that tone. So... I sold my Vox and, wouldn't you know it, Marty Grass put his up for sale. I snagged it and that was about 5 years ago. Amps have come and gone... but the Cube is still here.

Archived