Heritage Owners Club

The build process.....

Conneazoo

Order submitted to the factory.

The wait begins..........

Congrats!

It will be no doubt worth the wait!

The fresh smell of glue itself is worth the price of admission.

you'll know what I'm talking about soon.

:icon_thumleft:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Since DetroitBlues gave an update on his build, I figured it appropriate to give an update on mine.

I spec'd out a 157. Not crazy in anyway, but there were still things that needed approval. These things were approved, all hoops were jumped through and I paid in full in mid November.

My latest update? My build was cancelled. After full approval. After full payment. After 90 days. "We can't do this." Again, a full 90 days after full approval was obtained and full payment was made.

Now, in the interest of fairness, there were extenuating circumstances. I'm not going to go into them here. Once again, full approval was obtained and full payment was made. My dealer has been absolutely stellar through all of this. I will certainly deal with him again. Guy (Millennium Maestro) is an incredible human being. I WILL most assuredly deal with him again. However, sadly, it will NOT be on a custom ordered Heritage guitar.

Also of note. The extenuating circumstances were fully within the factory and no fault of my own.

If there is to be new ownership, I certainly hope that they take note. What's the use of being able to order a "custom" or "one off" guitar?

Wow Zoo, so sorry to hear that. The excitement built up and then went whoosh faster than Tom Brady's football. I wish you luck in whatever you try to acquire in place of it. One thing's for sure, Guy is a gem to deal with.

Wow Zoo, so sorry to hear that. The excitement built up and then went whoosh faster than Tom Brady's football. I wish you luck in whatever you try to acquire in place of it. One thing's for sure, Guy is a gem to deal with.

Faster than Tom Brady's football!! Hhaha! Now that's a good one.

Yes. Guy is the worlds greatest dude. He is bending over backwards to make sure I'm happy.

As far as new acquisitions? All I'll say on that subject is that Guy did NOT want to sell it.

Wow, that was my biggest fear. Like you, after a short how are we going to do this period, I figured I was safe; I am sorry to hear yours took so long to be identified.

Your enthusiasm was addictive as you ordered; quite fun to follow. Your style and grace today is admirable especially on the heals of the news. Sometimes the journey takes a little longer; godspeed!

Wow, that was my biggest fear. Like you, after a short how are we going to do this period, I figured I was safe; I am sorry to hear yours took so long to be identified.

Your enthusiasm was addictive as you ordered; quite fun to follow. Your style and grace today is admirable especially on the heals of the news. Sometimes the journey takes a little longer; godspeed!

Thanks Steiner.

Everything works out for a reason.

Yes, they have refused black bindings for years now. Their explanation is "bizarre" to say the least. They should've informed you right away.

Yes, they have refused black bindings for years now. Their explanation is "bizarre" to say the least. They should've informed you right away.

I believe my dealer is the penultimate professional. This was brought up in the baby steps of starting my build. With much trepidation from him and myself it was brought to the factory. Now here's the key, for at least the fourth (maybe fifth) time.........

It was all APPROVED. Yes, black binding. Approved. 90 days ago.......after FULL payment.

Now, Kalamazoo is my hometown. I was born and raised there and I want nothing but the best for the city. I believe Heritage is good for the town and people. This custom order was going to be a trip back home for me every time I touched it. However, the way my order was treated (by the factory NOT my dealer) is completely unsatisfactory. You said it, I should have been told right away. This was certainly not the case.

Is this an aesthetic thing only?

I understand when I was told "no" on a binding delete they have processing concerns but it seems silly to offer five or seven ply binding but not plain black. I'm assuming they won't do wood binding, either? I'm 99% that's a very different process to get it pliable enough to follow the contours.

Man. I'm sorry to hear this. All that anticipation. You had us all in on it.Best of luck as you reallocate your funds!

Thanks Kid. It was all sorts of fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll try again if the sour taste ever leaves my mouth.

As I stated to Steiner, everything happens for a reason.

Hmmm, seems maybe the build request wasn't fully read until time to go to production. That's a shame.

Hey Kenny.

From what I understand, it was on a workbench. Which, to me, means it was started and cancelled midway through. That really kinda gets to me even more. However, it was out of my (and my dealer's) control.

The milk was spilled and I actually am kinda butt hurt about it. Nevertheless, time to move on to other axes. ;)

Also, I haven't been able to try the mic yet. I'll be sure to update you as soon as I can make it happen.

Hmmm, seems maybe the build request wasn't fully read until time to go to production. That's a shame.

It is really difficult to say what fully happened, All details where discussed over phone AND a spec sheet emailed. We had other hurdles that were resolved involving Black Headstock logo and Black Diamond.

I think the ALL Gold(front, back sides,and Headstock) all contrasting black (Binding, stinger, hardware, pickups, knobs, rings and Logo/diamond) concept would have been really cool!

The resolution turns out to be Carl's holy grail, had he asked me for the guitar 3 months ago the answer would have been NO( I fully intended this guitar as my keeper I even ordered my standard SLASH pups for her.), I expect in a few short weeks there will be a cool NGD!

Carl, there is something going on that you will just never truly know about that build. Which kinda sucks. Their loss.

On the mic, probably a good thing you haven't used it yet. Gives a bit more time for the cooties to die off.

Archived