Heritage Owners Club

NAD, 27 lbs of Attitude

Yooper

This is the same size cabinet as a silverface Champ, but with some big "Rivera differences". I totally missed these back in the day. So glad one finally found me.

010_zpsqlcywsml.jpg

Under the hood we have 18 watts of oomph, snort, and growl.

014_zpsvwi41jnc.jpg

Ive been watching and waiting for any Rivera Fenders to turn up over here, seems like only a very few Concerts ever made it here because Ive never seen another model turn up in 8yrs of looking anywhere.

Congrats, looks cool.

If you want to get more bang out of your Champ II, drop in some NOS tubes (looks like the originals are still in the power section), or even some newer JJ's or Tung Sols work great.

Also, the hardwired speaker cable can be converted to a 1/4" (totally reversable mod), to allow connection to an 1x12 extension cab. That really opens up this amp.

Very happy for you. Those amps don't come up very often. Have fun!

If you want to get more bang out of your Champ II, drop in some NOS tubes (looks like the originals are still in the power section), or even some newer JJ's or Tung Sols work great.

Also, the hardwired speaker cable can be converted to a 1/4" (totally reversable mod), to allow connection to an 1x12 extension cab. That really opens up this amp.

Very happy for you. Those amps don't come up very often. Have fun!

Thanks for the tips.

The seller told me some of the tubes were NOS replacements. Not sure how to tell them from the originals.

It really kicks ass with the 10". It sings and wails with an H-150 with P-90s. Even some very nice jazz with the neck PUP. But I am eager to hear this through a 12" speaker as well.

I'll have to wait until the next one for the total re-packaging. That sweet and tweedy rig of yours will do just about anything you need, I imagine.

Your "downsizing" collection is really shaping up nicely!

Thanks. I'm having a blast with my downsizing and "down-watting" quest. I think I hit some sweet spots with the Champ II, the 5 watt hand-wired Champion, and of course the Mesa 5:25 Express.

These nicely cover the spread of 5, 18, and 25 watt amps.

The 5 watt through a 12" speaker kept up with the drums, but this little 10" will clearly rise above. I'm not going to say a word next jam. Just gonna plug and play the Champ II and wait for the reactions.

Very cool! I had a Fender "30" with 2X10's from the same era that was just killer. It got ripped off with one of my EVH Ernie Ball's... eventually got the Ball back but not the amp.

It's only my second post but if I can figure out how to attach a pic, I'll do that. We all need to see more gear!

Welcome to the CHAMP II CLUB, Yooper!!

I LOVE these little 18 watt fire breathing amps. I have two of them.

One is stock, and the other has been...well...modified.......................slightly. :icon_rr:

MHODzT.jpg

Is that the 2010 black back 157 that Marty G once owned?

Archived