Heritage Owners Club

Another Heritage Refinish in the works

Polo

Decided to have this one refinished.

Might send it off to 225, might send it off to this Marty Bell fella who another HOC member is currently working with on a H-150 project.

Last decision will be: What finish looks best on a H-137 Korina?

I'm thinking that I'll probably keep things simple by bringing the body finish closer to the existing neck color but I am a sucker for a nice OSB or ALSB burst.....tough choices.

Are there any all gold H-137's out there?

IMAG6037_zpsexx6osen.jpg

IMAG6038_zpsbdeujhjn.jpg

I'm a bit shocked you'd want to refinish such a beauty. Korina is a beautiful wood.

Oh I totally agree but considering this guitar is the pure definition of a parts guitar...the current fit and finish is atrocious on top of being mildly beat up.

Whatever color scheme I wind up choosing will be most likely be light enough to see that beautiful grain pattern.

Oh I totally agree but considering this guitar is the pure definition of a parts guitar...the current fit and finish is atrocious on top of being mildly beat up.

Whatever color scheme I wind up choosing will be most likely be light enough to see that beautiful grain pattern.

Well, that rules out gold

Cherry stain would be my vote. So the neck was not korina but mahogany.

Trans cherry was what 225 suggested too.....unfortunately, my sad command of the solo zone has always kept both pointy and red guitars in general out of the rotation.

Yes sir, that's a hog neck on this one.

What happens to the guitar's headstock serial number when completely refinished? Is it taped over to preserve it? Or is it sprayed over and redone?

Not sure what others have done in the past but I plan on having everything minus the front of the headstock and fingerboard stripped and redone.

This guitar was literally pulled together for Vince from spare parts that were laying around the factory. Factory sticker says the body is from '08 and the new neck was either installed or painted on Nov. 14th 2012........nobody involved with putting it together remembers or cares to anyway.

IMAG5966_zps9njmzwgf.jpg

Please be responsible while drinking heavily today workinman....because it's clear your drinking!

Love ya

Haha you were right! But I still like them sober. I'm sure it'll turn out great no matter what you pick. You have excellent taste

In all reality, it's Polo's guitar to do what he wants...

A few years ago, everyone disagreed with my decision to refinish a 1985 Custom H-140.

I think everyone agreed I made the right choice afterwards... I'm sure when we see the finished product, we will agree with Polo's.

In all reality, it's Polo's guitar to do what he wants...

A few years ago, everyone disagreed with my decision to refinish a 1985 Custom H-140.

I think everyone agreed I made the right choice afterwards... I'm sure when we see the finished product, we will agree with Polo's.

Yes josh. I'm just giving him shit.

You are gonna cover up that beautiful korina?

No need to worry party people.....the grain will still be fully visible.

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI... Korina is NOT as solid/stable as Mahogany, which is why you will see laminated necks on Korina neck constructions

I think the Maestro redid a heritage natural in a Joe Perry like Boneyard where they darken the woodgrain with black before putting a natural color over it. Brings out the Grain. Maybe the Maestro can share his pics. Always loved that color

This is my korina H357. Marv and I had fun getting this color. Well, that's not entirely true, I had fun, Marv said it was a pain the ass.

I look forward to seeing yours.

DSCF3898_zps041f4b03.jpg

DSCF3905_zps7afdaef2.jpg

That looks like it's taken on a few battle scares.. Sure sign of someone playing the heck out of it..l ;)

Archived