Heritage Owners Club

Started a New Heritage Trend?

DetroitBlues

Let's be honest....bound or unbounded headstocks will not be the reason that Heritage Guitars are consistently being heralded by MANY as some of the world's finest guitars being produced.

This type of mass fan fare will only happen if Heritage Guitar decides to pay a charismatic, influential, most likely iconic guitar player to consistently

shout the praises of Heritage Guitars from the mountain tops as well as each corner of the internet. It's just the way things are in these modern times.

I wholeheartedly feel that Heritage needs to put every last marketing dollar they have into an old guitar case so that they can hand deliver that opportunity to Joe Bonamassa in person.

He would be THE PERFECT Heritage endorsee/spokesman end of story.

And that would never ever happen (Joe B becoming a Heritage endorser). He is too deep in bed with G.

And that would never ever happen (Joe B becoming a Heritage endorser). He is too deep in bed with G.

Pah-leese.

JB has proven time and time and time again that he'll endorse anyone that cuts a check. If he's contractually obligated to G brands and or E brands maybe Mr. Archie Leech could just bring him on as an endorsee for the 225 building in general. IE: The future theme Restaurant and Museum. Laughs.

While I like the inlaid Heritage logo, it's very far down on my list of important features. And,for me, headstock binding not a concern at all on 150's, only on 157's.

While my priorities lie with features related to tone, playability etc, the biggest aesthetic concern for me is the finish/ wood on the top. While I'm flexible on the look, the top is something that I see while playing and it matters that is not unappealing . The headstock face I don't see at all when playing and even when facing the guitar it is often difficult to distinguish between silkscreen and inlaid from a distance. I'd pick a guitar with nicer top or better sound or nice neck with silkscreen logo over an inlaid logo every time.

For instance, my 157 has the silkscreen logo, but also has Sheptone pickups, Page wiring, great neck and was a great bargain when I bought it. I haven't given the logo any thought at all. I like it as it is.

But with that said, on a custom build I would likely splurge on an inlaid logo... maybe even custom fretboard inlays...

IM001319%2Bedit.JPG

Business wise, giving the customer a choice to upgrade to bound head stock as an option on the H535's and H-150's as well as other upgrade options also makes the customer feel like that guitar they are ordering from Heritage is uniquely there own. As if they designed it. It increases brand loyalty as well as price points against the competition.

Archived