Heritage Owners Club

NGD - H-150

abcpeterson

UPS truck was here this week. 1996 Heritage H-150. Its a little beat up, but nothing horrible. Thinner neck (similar to an SG) than I'm used to, but still feels pretty great. Gibson 57 classics, Tone Pros hardware, and SUPER flamey. HOWEVER, there is a bit of shrinkage around the inlays that looks like somebody tried to repair. Not the best job, but doesn't effect playability. Thinking about swapping the PUPS with a set of SD Saturday Night Specials.

20161215_195523_zps2fmmlfqp.jpg

20161215_195146_zpstxjb1no6.jpg

20161215_195242_zpskawqcmbn.jpg

20161215_195215_zpsd1mayiam.jpg

That looks like a nice "take her out and play her" guitar. Honest play wear. Frets aren't in bad shape. A little fret dressing and setup might help. Some spit and polish and off you go!

What's the beef with the Classic 57s? I have VERY little experience with them.

that is nice!!

looks like a 1 piece back too?

you could surely get some new filler for those inlays, looks like it just dried up & cracked? pretty easy fix I'd think

I have a soft spot for '90's H150's. my #1 is a '94 H150 with Wolfetone Legend pickups. fantastic PAF flavour

gorgeous top on that....

CONGRATS!!

Nice one. It's similar to one of mine that is a favorite. On mine it is the fast neck and the deep dish on a flamey top that makes it special to me.

If you are not liking the 57 Classics... play around with pickup height to be sure. Maybe lower them.

Thanks everyone. I don't dislike the 57's, I've just been very interested by what I've seen/heard of Saturday Night Specials. I'm fairly certain there might be a set under the tree next week - thought this would be a fun guitar to put them in. Either that or an SG.

Archived