Heritage Owners Club

New amp day

big bob

I pick up this 1979 Fender Deluxe Reverb at the Orlando Guitar Show. I negotiated a great price and took it out to the van. When I returned Lance was looking at a black velvet Zinky, and said "You should buy this amp". I had already picked up the Louis Electric Buster a couple of weeks earlier so I was a little "amp heavy", but you just don't see Zinkys come up for sale that often. I thought, "See if I could get the Zinky at a really good price then compare the three and determine which two to keep." I put on my poker face and went into battle. I ended up getting a great deal on the Zinky. The next morning Lance and I had a lot of fun with the three amps. We got out my peddle board and almost every guitar I own. The Louse and the Zinky out preformed the Deluxe in all put one scenario. That was the Eagle straight in to the Deluxe. So after Lance when home I decided to take the Deluxe apart and give it a thorough cleaning, I took a few photos and put it up for sale on Craig's list. The next day Lance called and asked if I would sell it to him. I think he lusted after it the whole time he just wanted me to clean it first.

GEDC0762_zpsp0xfbqda.jpg

GEDC0764_zpskhrwpqen.jpg

GEDC0763_zpsbyikcaty.jpg

GEDC0757%20-%20Copy_zpsk8hyaynf.jpg

GEDC0755_zpsbk07rvaf.jpg

GEDC0754_zpswgoleflo.jpg

GEDC0753_zpsamhmbvfe.jpg

GEDC0765_zpsxptyri2z.jpg

The deluxe reverb sounds killer.....

The Zinky black velvet is a F-Ing wicked pisser!

The biggest transformers you have ever seen, man that is one loud clean pedal board machine!

The Deluxe reverb might just sound a little better though:)

I found Bill a great deal on an original #75 soldano supercharger GTO pedal this last weekend. It was at this cool little shop in Orlando. They had some great amps. Bill negotiated a killer price but the stars were not aligned and it did not come home with us.

Happy new multi-amps day!

Fantastic looking '79 Silverface. Looks cleaner than my '77.

Warning! Never use the volume pull boost! Its guaranteed to make a sweet amp sound like shiite. :unsure:

What were they thinking when they added that crap to a cool amp?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived