Heritage Owners Club

Gig Bag for H535?

JeffGuitar

3 hours ago, fxdx99 said:

https://www.elderly.com/access-stage-one-guitar-gigbag-126829.htm

I’ve used this one for a few yrs now 

If I were going to get a gig bag it would be on of Accesses.  I would think about the dumbass factor of people beside yourself.  I would use the case.

I have the exact same case from Access as was shown. For me, it's lighter than a case, but protective. I've never had an issue with other people around my gear. Be careful, don't use it for long term storage, but for going to a gig with a watchful eye, you'll be fine. 

Just my 2 cents. It is what I use. 

I love my Reunion Blues gig bag and use it every week..... except mine is not big enough for my 535/555 so I use their hard case.  The hard case won't sling over your back, is heavy, and you lose a hand in carrying in your gear.  Once you use a proper gig bag (not a $29 GC special) you won't ever bring a hard case to a gig again.

As far as price is concerned.... with all the advantages of a gig bag over a hard case, I would expect a truly proper protective gig bag should cost at least (if not more) than a hard case.

Just my $.02

The only guitar that doesn't go to a gig in a gigbag is my acoustic. And that's because I just haven't gotten around to getting a Mono or RB bag for it ... yet. Every other guitar is in a gig bag. Lots more protection, lots of space of other gear. And as the Kuz has said, it free's up that hand for other gear. 

Here's my WoflPak gigbag after I ran over it (yep, that is well documented). The only damage to the guitar was the knobs were pushed fully onto the body. One bit poly chip on the back where a bigger rock pushed into it. Still gigging the guitar. 

wolfpak-tire-tracks.jpg

I know there are very good and expensive gig bags out there but I still would never transport a Heritage in a gig bag unless there was no other option. Period. 

7 minutes ago, tulk1 said:

The only guitar that doesn't go to a gig in a gigbag is my acoustic. And that's because I just haven't gotten around to getting a Mono or RB bag for it ... yet. Every other guitar is in a gig bag. Lots more protection, lots of space of other gear. And as the Kuz has said, it free's up that hand for other gear. 

Here's my WoflPak gigbag after I ran over it (yep, that is well documented). The only damage to the guitar was the knobs were pushed fully onto the body. One bit poly chip on the back where a bigger rock pushed into it. Still gigging the guitar. 

wolfpak-tire-tracks.jpg

You should do a commercial for that company!!!

On 12/15/2017 at 8:00 AM, CJTopes said:

I think it's blasphemy to put any Heritage into a gig bag. 

LOL!  Do you gig with a 357?  The damn case is HUGE.  So I do use a gig bag - a Bass gig bag - for her.  My Millies all get to the gig in their cases.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:43 AM, ElNumero said:

I know there are very good and expensive gig bags out there but I still would never transport a Heritage in a gig bag unless there was no other option. Period. 

1 minute ago, LittleLeroy said:

LOL!  Do you gig with a 357?  The damn case is HUGE.  So I do use a gig bag - a Bass gig bag - for her.  My Millies all get to the gig in their cases.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:15 PM, LittleLeroy said:

LOL!  Do you gig with a 357?  The damn case is HUGE.  So I do use a gig bag - a Bass gig bag - for her.  lid oMy Millies all get to the gig in their cases.

357 and Firebirds are the legit  exception!

On 12/23/2017 at 4:15 PM, LittleLeroy said:

I currently dont own a 357. But I do have a Millie and a Prospect. Neither of which leave the house without a hard shell case. (also had a 150 and a 535)   Looking at the condition of the hard shell cases I'm glad they weren't in a gig bag. But I guess the newer gig bags are a lot more protective then they used to be. None the less, all my babies are stored and travel in hard shells... 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived