Heritage Owners Club

Best place to sell a Heritage guitar - what's your experience?

TheKalamaZoo

Hi Everyone! I really enjoyed the Parsons Street (now Bush Street? ? ) Pilgrimage last week. Thanks to our friends at Heritage for their great hospitality. I'm sure a number of new friendships begin at PSP every year.

This topic may have been posted before (I didn't find it online here) but what is your preferred place to sell a Heritage guitar? I've sold a number of items on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist in the past, but it doesn't seem like the best place to sell a beautiful piece of locally-made craftsmanship. I probably don't have the personal musical network that some of you have...does word-of-mouth work for you? I have a 2003 H-535 in walnut finish; it's the only walnut finish H-535 I've seen. It's in great shape, I probably haven't played it for 10 hours in the 15 years I've had it since I purchased it gently used at Don Dillon's Music Center in Kalamazoo.

Thank you!

This is the best place as LK155 said is here.  But like all the places you'll find, it;s a buyer's market right now.    Used inventories are way up and used prices are falling fast; which means unless you're prepared for a low offer, it will take some time to sell a high-end guitar like a Heritage.

If you're an existing member already and dont mind the small fee to become a "supporting member" (required to post in the emproium section)... The Gear Page is still a good selling resource too; just have to vet out the buyer (feedback, post history, etc...) a bit. Really good resource if you're looking to trade; lots of people on there just looking to swap around some high end gear. 

3 hours ago, kbp810 said:

If you're an existing member already and dont mind the small fee to become a "supporting member" (required to post in the emproium section)... The Gear Page is still a good selling resource too; just have to vet out the buyer (feedback, post history, etc...) a bit. Really good resource if you're looking to trade; lots of people on there just looking to swap around some high end gear. 

Tough to sell a Heritage over at TGP due to all the “headstock hate” over there. ?

1 hour ago, davesultra said:

Tough to sell a Heritage over at TGP due to all the “headstock hate” over there. ?

? 

That was certainly the case in the past (and some headstock haters still linger of course); but seems like most there have come around now. 

my brother in law Tony (and HOC'r)has a H535 in walnut too.  rare, but not unheard of,

the psp and tour were excellent!

For Heritage guitars specifically, I have had a little better luck here on the HOC.  For other equipment and brands other than Heritage, The Gear Page by far has been better.  I easily made up their "support fee" on my first sell.

In my humble opinion...

* This web site is the best place to sell a Heritage guitar. You don't have to teach the potential buyer the history of Heritage guitars in your sales ad; we already know. Heck, in most cases, all you'd need to do is post some some really good photos and an asking price and we could tell you all about it.

* You aren't likely to turn a profit selling a Heritage guitar on this web site. Most of us have either already owned the guitar you are selling or we know how much you paid for it. If you have had a Heritage guitar for sale for a long time (years even) and no one has bought it yet, you are asking way too much money for it. We are not allowed to tell you that as per the rules on the sales section of this web site but that's how it is none the less.

*This is a GREAT PLACE to get a GREAT DEAL on a Heritage guitar! (Even if it is only another member letting us know when they see a deal online somewhere.) Many have gotten a real bargain on a Heritage guitar simply from being associated with this Heritage Owner's Club.

Archived