Heritage Owners Club

The Amps I Use In My Studio On Some New Racks.

rockabilly69

I just moved into my new studio which is a smaller room, so I bought some shelves to save floor space, get the amps off of the floor, and make them easy to access. I found these cheap shelves at Wayfair. I was a little worried they would be too flimsy, but after putting them together, installing the center struts to stiffen the frames, and doubling up on the wood shelves, they are just fine. After putting together the three individual racks, I bolted them all together, which also stiffened them up. A bonus was that I had some extra room for mic boxes that were piling up on the floor by my recording racks:)

When I record, I will take the amp(s) that I'm using off of the shelf, as I like the way they record on the floor...

AmpRack.jpg.2bba8226b23c5603fd4bdad5b2815714.jpg

Amps are...

Frenzel Super Deluxe Head, Clark Beaufort Deluxe (5E3), Mesa DC-2, Vox AC-15 Handwired, Fender Handwired Reverb Unit Clone (6K6 version), Dirty Girl Reverb (Supro Style 6973 tubes), Tophat Club Deluxe, Victoria Regal II, 1969 Vibro Champ, Fender Princeton Reverb Clone Handwired with vintage Fender transformers (Winnie Thomas), 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

I just moved into my new studio which is a smaller room, so I bought some shelves to save floor space, get the amps off of the floor, and make them easy to access. I found these cheap shelves at Wayfair. I was a little worried they would be too flimsy, but after putting them together, installing the center struts to stiffen the frames, and doubling up on the wood shelves, they are just fine. After putting together the three individual racks, I bolted them all together, which also stiffened them up. A bonus was that I had some extra room for mic boxes that were piling up on the floor by my recording racks:)

When I record, I will take the amp(s) that I'm using off of the shelf, as I like the way they record on the floor...

AmpRack.jpg.2bba8226b23c5603fd4bdad5b2815714.jpg

Amps are...

Frenzel Super Deluxe Head, Clark Beaufort Deluxe (5E3), Mesa DC-2, Vox AC-15 Handwired, Fender Handwired Reverb Unit Clone (6K6 version), Dirty Girl Reverb (Supro Style 6973 tubes), Tophat Club Deluxe, Victoria Regal II, 1969 Vibro Champ, Fender Princeton Reverb Clone Handwired with vintage Fender transformers (Winnie Thomas), 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb.

That works!

6 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

That works!

Thanks Danny, your DIY racks help inspired me to get everything together. Having easy access to amplifiers is something I've always had a problem with. Even in my bigger studio they took up way too much room.

6 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Looks great.  Like the guitar rack too.  That's really cool.  Very tidy place indeed.

Thanks Josh, the guitar rack was quite expensive, but it was the only one I could find that would hold that many cases. That was my biggest problem, the cases were taking up so much needed space. 

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Everything is looking pretty tidy.   

I try to do  that once in a while.  It lasts a few weeks....  ?

The goal is to keep it tidy, as I've got 100 lbs of sh*t in a 50 lb box so to say :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kennyv4 said:

.Great setup, I wish I was that organized.

Even with my bigger room I was tripping over stuff if I didn't keep it organized. When I'm recording it can sometimes get a little cluttered, but before I leave the room I put everything back in it's place, unless we are picking up right where we left off the next day. This new room is actually set up a bit better than my last bigger room.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2023 at 7:27 PM, zguitar71 said:

Very cool! Nice set up. 

Thanks it's quite a bit better than when they we all around the room or stacked on one another

On 11/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, ElChoad said:

I love it! I am OCD like that, myself. 

OCD helps in a studio :) Makes it easy to find things when you need them.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bolero said:

That is a really inspiring space. Nice job. I want to record some music, just looking at the pictures!

It's a nice little place Chris. I haven't been recording up there lately, but once a week, I've been rehearsing with a new band that I just started. The guys love it up there. This isn't a weekly gigging band, but more of a showcase band for my original songs. We will try to get opening slots for bigger bands in upscale venues.

• Like 1