Heritage Owners Club

Gigging with my H575 Custom

tsp17

Here are some shots of my band and me playing a gig last night.  A friend of mine is a professional photographer who has photographed many jazz legends up close in performance at the Monterey Jazz Festival and (and many other venues)  for decades .  https://michaeloletta.com/.    He’s a real pro and can make even an amateur like me look like a real musician.  I had no idea he was photographing.  Consummate professional.  

The guitar is way more photogenic than me…

olettajazz Tad e3.jpeg

olettajazz Tad e6.jpeg

olettajazz Tad e1.jpeg

Edited by tsp17
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:06 AM, bolero said:

Great photos! Nice 575, and that looks like a nice chill gig. What tunes did you play?

Set One

Corcovado
Days of Wine and Roses
Lawns
Someday My Prince Will Come
Song for My Father
God Bless the Child
Saga of Harrison Crabfeathers
Girl From Ipanema

Set Two

Georgia on My Mind
All Blues
Black Orpheus
This Masquerade
Lucky Southern
How Insensitive
Footprints
St. Thomas
  • Like 1

I had a look at Michael Oletta's website and I like his comment, "The Jazz images I treasure are not just a "documentation" of the Jazz Artist. The image should reflect the music, mood and the moment." Exactly this. Nearly thirty years ago the tutor on a photography course I was attending said that you take good images of subjects you're passionate about. I also see that he plays bass - I know a few jazz photographers who are also musicians...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmeyrick said:

I had a look at Michael Oletta's website and I like his comment, "The Jazz images I treasure are not just a "documentation" of the Jazz Artist. The image should reflect the music, mood and the moment." Exactly this. Nearly thirty years ago the tutor on a photography course I was attending said that you take good images of subjects you're passionate about. I also see that he plays bass - I know a few jazz photographers who are also musicians...

Mike was in my last band.  Terrific player/collaborator.  And a wonderful guy.

• Like 1