Heritage Owners Club

New 535

emilio

I recently bought a 535 from Wolfe Guitars and it showed up yesterday.  Packaged with bubble wrap, etc., by Graham, just as he said it would be.  Anyway, I took the guitar out of the box and let it stand in the room overnight, to acclimate.  Opened the case this morning and gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at just how good looking a guitar this is.  Fit, finish, is what it should be, binding looks great, no sharp edges on the fretboard, obviously well taken care of, while it was at the store.  The plek system was another major surprise.  The guitar plays very nice, all over the fretboard and access to upper frets is not a problem and the neck shape is very comfortable all over.  Now, I haven't played a semi-hollow guitar in several years, so I kind of forgot just how they are tone wise, different from a solidbody guitar, that is.  This 535 has the SD 59s, and so far, I like them...the bridge was, not so nasally, and I like that, the neck was not muddy, at all, and the middle position offers quite a bit of possibilities. I am fortunate to be able to own some pretty nice guitars, and this 535 is certainly another one. 

I recently bought a 535 from Wolfe Guitars and it showed up yesterday.  Packaged with bubble wrap, etc., by Graham, just as he said it would be.  Anyway, I took the guitar out of the box and let it stand in the room overnight, to acclimate.  Opened the case this morning and gotta say I was pleasantly surprised at just how good looking a guitar this is.  Fit, finish, is what it should be, binding looks great, no sharp edges on the fretboard, obviously well taken care of, while it was at the store.  The plek system was another major surprise.  The guitar plays very nice, all over the fretboard and access to upper frets is not a problem and the neck shape is very comfortable all over.  Now, I haven't played a semi-hollow guitar in several years, so I kind of forgot just how they are tone wise, different from a solidbody guitar, that is.  This 535 has the SD 59s, and so far, I like them...the bridge was, not so nasally, and I like that, the neck was not muddy, at all, and the middle position offers quite a bit of possibilities. I am fortunate to be able to own some pretty nice guitars, and this 535 is certainly another one.

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

8)

Ooooooooooooooooooh.  I love the blonde 535 at Wolfe, but I have a hard time getting past the fact that when I think 535 or it's inferior cousin...I think cherry red.  The translucent red is about as cool as it gets.  That is one beautiful guitar, Emilio!  :glasses1:

Sweeet.  I love the trans red, I have a Millie H155 in transred w/multi-binding.

Silver hdware, just like this H535.

you'll love it.  you'll want to just STARE at it..

The classic "dot neck" ahhh, 535!!!

Look out "Eric Clapton in Cream" alert (the last good tone he had - with exception of "From the Craddle" which had incredible tone from our boys at Parson's St. 335 guitar!!!)

Emilio,

You just have to LOVE those red 535s.  I was playing mine last night and still love getting them to do a nice controlled feedback, when you can feel the body resonating and the thing just sings.  There's nothing else like it.

It's all pretty much new to me, semi-hollows that is, but, all I will say at this point for sure is I am glad I am able to look past names on headstocks, and appreciate a guitar that plays and sounds good.

Ive gotta get a 535. I thought I was GASless 3 days ago. Thanks for the reality check. Nice guitar.

that's how I feel.  JC has a nice almondburst over on the other board 4-sale...

Archived