Heritage Owners Club

O.M.G. best new guitar day ever and they untangled the bicycle chain!

Spectrum13

The hold up was making the scratch guard and I found out why Heritage does not put their woody guards on P90s and thus shipped to the dealer without. Big thanks to Dennis at Big Orange for being on the case and seeing I got what I ordered. I know some HOC member like their 535P90s without protection... but I thought it would add something as the P90 looked kind a big on the little Prospect.

The dogears on a semi has the Lollers spacers under them and this becomes problemmatic as for some reason (needed someone doing this since 1958) Marv was called to the rescue and cut the maple and leave a slot for the screw that removes the pickup cover. ??? They even included the pattern for the guard in the case, just in case. .

I ordered sunsetburst without the red...basically the 1959 sunburst. It came in a dark almond burst and they called it Old Style Burst. F.Y.I. Vince offered to make a new one and  get the color right on a rush. So yes, they will do whatever it takes to make it right.

She plays and sounds just as good as hoped and expected. A little bigger than the Millie, more woody than the 137 and gets along great with the Swart Tweed. Ren's bone nut was cut perfectly as was his set up and wiring up the RS kit. The Faber steel studs were placed perfectly so the stoptail rests on the body and the strings just clear the back of the Nashville bridge. So what do you think?

[/img]

Prospect5.jpg

Prospect5.jpg_thumb

Prospect.jpg

Prospect.jpg_thumb

Preospect3.jpg

Preospect3.jpg_thumb

How did you get your grass So Green?!!!

Nice ax!  There's one a man could bond with.  It looks right - wonderful procurement story to go along :)

It sounds like you recommend Big Orange (Heritage dealer?).  Thank you for the tip!

I think you stole my idea for a Custom Prospect, is what I think!!!  >:(

That is truly an amazing looking guitar. I would say NO to the gold hardware. I've never thought the gold added anything to a guitar, anyway. So, there are problems inherent in putting P90s on a Prospect? I've been spec'ing one with creme soapbars. Other than that, pretty much what you've just done. Got to say, I really really like that look. So, who actually did the pickguard? It's an amazing fit, figuring and all. Did you have to supply the bone nut?

Tulk... sorry I got the idea when some evil person started a "what would you like Heritage to make thread" After the 137 I wanted Lollars on either a Prospect or Millie but I have a Millie.

The story about the guard is... since the dealer put one on the millie, he let me order the Prospect with the "Johnny Smith"... Ren said the guitar does not come with a pickguard but the could do one in plastic as the tabs on the dogears and the gaskets got in the way. Story is they tried three wooden ones that broke so Marv was called in and did the cuts.

Only a $30 up charge for the bone nut which Ren cuts. Since these are lacquered over at the factory and sealed in between the head inlay and board it was a no-brainer. First Heritage I have not needed to spend a few hundred on after purchase with mods. Care to guess what we like about these guys in Kzoo?

So what do you think?

I think I now prefer Prospects to 535s, at least on looks.  Your pickguard is fantastic.

So how many times have Heritage gotten the color wrong ?  You'd think it wouldn't

be that hard to get it right each time.

The hold up was making the scratch guard and I found out why Heritage does not put their woody guards on P90s and thus shipped to the dealer without. Big thanks to Dennis at Big Orange for being on the case and seeing I got what I ordered. I know some HOC member like their 535P90s without protection... but I thought it would add something as the P90 looked kind a big on the little Prospect.

The dogears on a semi has the Lollers spacers under them and this becomes problemmatic as for some reason (needed someone doing this since 1958) Marv was called to the rescue and cut the maple and leave a slot for the screw that removes the pickup cover. ??? They even included the pattern for the guard in the case, just in case. .

So what do you think?

Spectrum:

What I think is that you have one gorgeous instrument!!!  The color is stunning!  I think Dennis did you right in a way that Jay Wolfe didn't do for me, although I was generally pleased with my dealings with Jay and Graham.  Tell Dennis he's at least one up on Jay.  I'd ordered a Super Eagle with P-90's in May of '07.  The pickguard was the rub for exactly the reason you've cited: the cover screws on the dogears, and what Ren later characterized as aesthetic issues he thought best left to me(?).  The easy solution was to ship the Super to Jay, without a pickguard, which Parsons Street did.  Graham then forwarded the guitar on to me, still no pickguard.  E-mails and phone calls back and forth among all parties brought no resolution, so I thought I'd just live with it. After all, I'd been waiting for the box for fourteen months.  I'm not at all afraid of a little honest wear, but after playing the guitar out four or five times, I could tell that playing with no pickguard was working the top over in a way I just didn't want.  Finally discovered, after researching on my own (nobody has boxes of aftermarket Super 400 pickguards lying around), that an L-5 pickguard will work nicely.  Had my luthier here in town order one for me four or five weeks ago...still waiting.

Seems as though, all of a sudden, P-90 hollows and semi-hollows are becoming really popular.  I would recommend two things:  That Heritage make the templates and produce the guards for those guitars, and that everyone who orders one of those, take delivery on a pickguard with the guitar, whether one intends to install it or not....

Nice, nice Prospect, Spectrum!   

Slate, right on that. I caved in and told Ren to send it with the plastic but, Dennis called Vince and said they needed to put a check in the case if they did. That got Marv involved. P90 hollows and semis are making a comeback, tubulars got to be next.

...tubulars got to be next.

LOL!!  Spec' I'm every bit the retro-grouch, and there's nothing like a good stretch of road on a pair of (Italian!) Vittorias, but tubulars?  Never Goin' Back!!

Tulk... sorry I got the idea when some evil person started a "what would you like Heritage to make thread" After the 137 I wanted Lollars on either a Prospect or Millie but I have a Millie.

The story about the guard is... since the dealer put one on the millie, he let me order the Prospect with the "Johnny Smith"... Ren said the guitar does not come with a pickguard but the could do one in plastic as the tabs on the dogears and the gaskets got in the way. Story is they tried three wooden ones that broke so Marv was called in and did the cuts.

Only a $30 up charge for the bone nut which Ren cuts. Since these are lacquered over at the factory and sealed in between the head inlay and board it was a no-brainer. First Heritage I have not needed to spend a few hundred on after purchase with mods. Care to guess what we like about these guys in Kzoo?

That is very encouraging. They absolutely refused to do a finger rest for my Millie NFH. Guess it's all who's carrying the stick, eh? Got to say I am truly truly jealous right now.  I'm going to show the pics to the wifey tonite. Didn't get squat for my Bday, so maybe I can do a bit of hubby-whining and get a Prospect in the works. Don't get peeved if it comes out looking something very similar to yours! 8)

You could always get a lefty one and do a "Jimi"

:afro:

I don't have that much talent. Unless it comes pre-loaded with some upside down backwards playing licks. Then I could!  :laugh:

Archived