Heritage Owners Club

Comparison to Historic LP?

rockerjt

I have a bunch of Gibsons including a custom shop 57 RI black beauty; and a custom handmade replica LP, as well as 3 Heritage ( H150CM, H535, Prospector )

they are ALL awesome guitars & I have spent quite a few years going thru instruments, these are my "keepers"

I would say the Heritage's are as good or better than the others....the 57BB is a killer guitar, and the replica is on a level of it's own.

but I could easily get by just with the Heritage...every time I pick them up I am both blown away, and inspired to play

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
every time I pick them up I am both blown away, and inspired to play

Yep. My H150 is totally addictive. My playing changed after a couple of months of owning it. I found satisfaction in just sitting on something rather than playing through it searching for something else. (I know what I mean :))

I can't afford to keep paying G's prices, so I was hoping to find something comparable that wasn't priced highly based on the name.

If you're only looking for something comparable to a Gibson, you should keep searching. The Heritage models are far superior across the board. Oh, and welcome!

"We've lowered our standards, so you don't have to lower yours!"

My job has a similar credo, though opposite: "We've upped our standards, so up yours!"  ;D

Don't know what I can say that hasn't already beeen said, but you know I will say it anyway..I just recently actually purchased my first Heritage, a 140..I had previously owned a Gibbon LP BFG (Kinda Cool)..A LP Special with p-100s (Liked that too) But playing my 140, I can't even see those other guitars in my rearview mirror..They are tiny blips on the radar screen of the past..Let's see..what other cheesy metaphors can I use? Nah..I'm done..Heritage is the Bomb!!

I made little to no mention of it on here, but I recently got my first Heritage and that is possibly the sickest guitar I have ever played. The quality of craftsmanship is just amazing. The support you will get from the guys at Heritage is second to none!

You will love whatever you buy!

One bonus with Heritage is that you can order one to your own specs.  I went to Foxes Music in Falls Church, Va., this weekend, and they have a bunch of them with '60s neck profiles, including a very nice 150 Ultra with HRWs that unfortunately had a little bit of damage on the back (probably from a customer's belt buckle).  They also have a very desirable 3-pickup 157 with a '60s neck that I'm sorely tempted by.

:'(

C'mon now, I haven't bought it yet!!   :laugh:

To be honest, I'm more likely to save up my money and do a custom order than to buy the White Whale of Virginia.

It's too bad that Foxes Music isn't on GBase yet, because their Heritage inventory is spectacular, including a couple of Korina 137s and a bunch more 137s tricked out to 150/157 specs (binding, ebony, etc.).  They've got another 157 White Whale that has three P90s in place of the '59s as well as a Bigsby.  Not my specs, but damned interesting.  The guitar manager there, Blair, is a nice guy and *very* enthusiastic about Heritage.

Ya know, I just had a thought..(Yes it's scary) Let those monkey lovers keep calling our beloved 'azoo boys "A cheap knockoff"..The lower their opinion is of Heritage, the more these beauties remain a secret..Thus we won't (hopefully) experience skyrocketing prices..Maybe I'm living in a dream world, but I like the idea of a 137 with Lollar P-90s for under a grand..OK That is my coherant thought for this month..LOL Or was it coherent?

I was afraid of that..All the more reason for us to hold onto the "Old" Heritages..If their popularity starts to rise, then they may have to (gulp) increase their production...Well, it's beyond my control, but hopefully the quality won't suffer. Oh well..Guess I'll just crank up the 140 and grin..

I was afraid of that..All the more reason for us to hold onto the "Old" Heritages..If their popularity starts to rise, then they may have to (gulp) increase their production...Well, it's beyond my control, but hopefully the quality won't suffer. Oh well..Guess I'll just crank up the 140 and grin..
So long as they pass their mentality on to the next guys... it won't. :D

One can only hope..I just worry that in our "I want it yesterday" society, they will want to crank production up, to the detriment of quality. Man, I am such a worrier!!LOL..

One can only hope..I just worry that in our "I want it yesterday" society, they will want to crank

production up, to the detriment of quality. Man, I am such a worrier!!LOL..

I think Heritage is incapable of "cranking up production", it's just not their style.

Nor do they seem to put profit before all else, strange as that may seem in our

current MBA-destroyed world.  I somehow don't see Heritage surviving much

past the point when all the old guitarists can no longer play.  I don't see enough

young players of the type who would appreciate a Heritage.  If you look at the

HOC's membership most are over forty.  We have the cash and can still recognize

and appreciate quality.  We could be a dying breed.

...they will want to crank production up, to the detriment of quality. Man, I am such a worrier!!LOL..

smurph:

Come to PSPII, and take the tour of Parsons Street with Ren.  Hang out; talk to the folks who work in that shop.  Breathe in some of that sawdust.  Chew the fat with Vince.  You'll relax a bit, I'm sure!   :wink:

Will do..Thanks..It's amazing that objects that are only wood, glue, steel etc can take on such a meaning to us.. I have a couple of friends who think I'm "brainwashed"..But they play mostly Fenders..LOL

I am really looking foreward to PSPII..The last time I was at Parsons Street, we were trying to impeach Nixon..I seem to remember a "Safe" where they kept the prorotypes...Like the Les Paul "log" guitar etc..Does anyone else remember that, or was I smoking way too much ganja back then?

I think Heritage is incapable of "cranking up production", it's just not their style.

Nor do they seem to put profit before all else, strange as that may seem in our

current MBA-destroyed world.  I somehow don't see Heritage surviving much

past the point when all the old guitarists can no longer play.  I don't see enough

young players of the type who would appreciate a Heritage.  If you look at the

HOC's membership most are over forty.  We have the cash and can still recognize

and appreciate quality.  We could be a dying breed.

No... not really. I am one of those but I am not quite yet to forty. Most of kids are all grown up and I have forsaken all other personal interests outside of family for music. Money is decent for me and all things continuing as they are, at 40, I will be a Heritage purchasing machine. haha.

I think they can indeed turn up production and keep quality as high as now. CNC machines but with RIGID quality check on the other side. I would hate to see the handmade part get less.... but that is how they could do it. The tempation, though, to just let guitars fall off the CNC bed and into a shipping carton I think is too great. Somebody, down the line I am sure would let that happen without STRICT watch on the product.

Something would get lost in all that though. I just hope Heritage can stay doing what they are doing. Get people that buy into the founders' visions for the company. The fans will come. If they ever do go CNC... the old 'handmade' ones we all own would be quite and investment. haha.

I am really looking foreward to PSPII..The last time I was at Parsons Street, we were trying to impeach Nixon..I seem to remember a "Safe" where they kept the prorotypes...Like the Les Paul "log" guitar etc..Does anyone else remember that, or was I smoking way too much ganja back then?
Sadly, I won't be there. BUT.... I won't be there cause of a newborn boy. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if ten years from now a Harvard MBA came along and bought Heritage to turn it in to a "lifestyle brand." And then, Vince and a couple of others started a new, smaller company to build guitars the old fashioned way. And then thirty years after that...

Wouldn't it be funny if ten years from now a Harvard MBA came along and bought Heritage to turn it in to a "lifestyle brand." And then, Vince and a couple of others started a new, smaller company to build guitars the old fashioned way. And then thirty years after that...
Oh... I hope not. Geez... you know how many Owner's Clubs we'd have to have?

And what if Gibbon decided to move back into the Kalamazoo plant...(See HOC and LP Forum rants 'n raves).  8)

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...21.html#msg9821

Archived