Heritage Owners Club

Am I now eligible to join the HOC?

wrxplayer

She's two weeks old. Hasn't yet received a name.

heritage003.jpg

heritage6.jpg

heritage8.jpg

Welcome aboard. Nice guitar. Give us a tone report. Where did you purchase and

how was setup when you received the bad axe.

Hi and welcome to the HOC.

That one 137 is cool, congrats !

It looks like one that J Hale Music had for sale .... ?

You are correct; I did get the guitar from J Hale Music.

Arrived promptly, well packed, and mint. Set up was very nice as well. I'm not sure if it was newly set up but it may very well have been. Action was low enough for lead but not too low to preclude slide work.

Have played it through several amps (Swart AST Mk II, D'Lite 22 clone, Alessandro combo, Crate Vintage Club and Line 6 stack) and it sounds excellent with them all.

Oddly, I'd owned an H137 two years ago but couldn't bond with the big neck. Have since fallen in love with a fat necked '52 tele RI and found it very comfortable. With that in mind I went looking for another H137 as the first one also sounded great.

They're cool guitars. I've never played around with the Gibson or Collings versions, but I can't see how any guitar in this style could be much better.

It looks like one that J Hale Music had for sale .... ?

I would have made the same assumption...except for the sofa.

His shop does the best setups too! At first I thought it was a Goldtop 150 with a wraptail. They are great guitars congrads you got yourself a nice one.

You are correct; I did get the guitar from J Hale Music.

Arrived promptly, well packed, and mint. Set up was very nice as well. I'm not sure if it was newly set up but it may very well have been. Action was low enough for lead but not too low to preclude slide work.

Have played it through several amps (Swart AST Mk II, D'Lite 22 clone, Alessandro combo, Crate Vintage Club and Line 6 stack) and it sounds excellent with them all.

Oddly, I'd owned an H137 two years ago but couldn't bond with the big neck. Have since fallen in love with a fat necked '52 tele RI and found it very comfortable. With that in mind I went looking for another H137 as the first one also sounded great.

They're cool guitars. I've never played around with the Gibson or Collings versions, but I can't see how any guitar in this style could be much better.

Remember you have an original handmade from the most iconic guitar factor in the world.

Quick answer.... they are only more expensive, not better.

Your membership badge will be in to you in a few weeks. For now a stupid grin will suffice.

Got rid of this one for a Heritage acoustic.

img_4280_std.jpg

Welcome, wrxplayer! And niiiice 137. Like the color. Beauty. How much does she weigh?

You said you played through a Swart AST MK2. Was that at the store or do you have one? Either way, how do you like that amp?

Am I now eligible to join the HOC?

Did you pay the $50 membership fee?

Just kidding--nice axe, and welcome to the HOC!

Welcome aboard. Nice guitar. Give us a tone report. Where did you purchase and

how was setup when you received the bad axe.

Awesome!! That is exactly what I want to get next..(Once I find fulltime work) I just love the vibe of those things..I had a Epi goldtop with Lollar P-90s on it..It kicked butt..I have Terminal GAS, or was it that Taco Bell I had for lunch? Welcome to the Cult!

Welcome, wrxplayer! And niiiice 137. Like the color. Beauty. How much does she weigh?

You said you played through a Swart AST MK2. Was that at the store or do you have one? Either way, how do you like that amp?

It's a little over 8 pounds.

I own the Swart AST Mk II head and cab. Bought them from Michael Swart at the NY (NJ) Amp show a few weeks ago. I'm really liking the amp. Interestingly the big thing w/ this head is the addition of the master volume. But for the most part I bypass it which puts the amp in "clean" mode (relatively speaking as it is not intended to be a clean machine). Works equally well with single coils and HB's.

The Heritage sounds killer through the amp. The word that comes to mind is gritty. The amp has high and low inputs, and I like the low input with the Lollars. Dirty sound but not mushy.

Break up with the stock speaker (Mojotone BV-25) comes on pretty quickly. I used the head through a 2x12 cab last night and liked the additional headroom (still, not a ton) an plan on swapping out the Mojotone for a more robust speaker (Jensen Blackbird I think).

I took the amp to a Fender jam last month. There were a bunch of other guitarists there. Several plugged into the Swart for their songs and the feedback was universally quite positive.

Archived