Heritage Owners Club

Saw an Academy in action...

Kuz

In Dayton they have an upscale outdoor "mall" which in the center they have fountains and live music.

I was walking with my wife enjoy the smooth jazz this act was playing when I noticed the guitarist playing a Heritage.

I went over to the guy (George) and he showed me his blond beauty, a SC semi-hollow Academy that he said was 15 years old, but looked well taken care of.

I invited him to join HOC and told him about PSP2. He also about fell over when I told him how many Heritages I have.

Cool to see a real player, out gigging, and maybe even making a living with an unique Heritage.

Cool story, John. I've never seen an Academy, except on the 'bay. Bet it was nice!!

So ... uh, just how many DO you own now? I've lost count. :unsure:

Any ONE of John's guitars would be a nice enough Heritage "collection"! I'm very much looking forward to visiting on the way to PSPII, and meeting "the family"!!!

Well I am clarifying today if the Sweet 16 is definitely sold... if so down to the super six- 150 Greeny, 150 GT, 150 GT p-90s, 525, 535 p-90, and Cust 555.

And yes Randy, Academy is like a Roy Clark.

All mine get played and as far as Heritages go, collection complete. My total guitar collection would be complete is Randy wouldn't have introduced toxic Tele GAS.... :unsure:

In Dayton they have an upscale outdoor "mall" which in the center they have fountains and live music.

I was walking with my wife enjoy the smooth jazz this act was playing when I noticed the guitarist playing a Heritage.

I went over to the guy (George) and he showed me his blond beauty, a SC semi-hollow Academy that he said was 15 years old, but looked well taken care of.

I invited him to join HOC and told him about PSP2. He also about fell over when I told him how many Heritages I have.

Cool to see a real player, out gigging, and maybe even making a living with an unique Heritage.

Sure is nice hearing stories like that..Most of my friends are still "brainwashed" by that company in Nashville..I guess that's a blessing in disguise though, it leaves more Heritages for us to play!!

It is always great to see musicians gigging with Heritages.

The very first Heritage I ever saw and played years ago was an Academy Custom. A buddy of mine bought it from the '96 NAMM show through a dealer. He named the guitar 'Pluto' because of its 'dog-ear' single cutaway shape.

Well I am clarifying today if the Sweet 16 is definitely sold... if so down to the super six- 150 Greeny, 150 GT, 150 GT p-90s, 525, 535 p-90, and Cust 555.

And yes Randy, Academy is like a Roy Clark.

All mine get played and as far as Heritages go, collection complete. My total guitar collection would be complete is Randy wouldn't have introduced toxic Tele GAS.... :unsure:

535 wouldve done it for me and yep, some one threw up an image of a barn plank tele. Got me thinking.

Then I played the singers tele on Saturday night on a CCR song and "Mercury Blues" and now Im looking for a tele style guitar all over again.

Thanks Randy.

My total guitar collection would be complete is Randy wouldn't have introduced toxic Tele GAS....

some one threw up an image of a barn plank tele. Got me thinking.

Then I played the singers tele on Saturday night on a CCR song and "Mercury Blues" and now Im looking for a tele style guitar all over again.

Thanks Randy.

Just my own little economy stumulus package... :unsure:

535 wouldve done it for me and yep, some one threw up an image of a barn plank tele. Got me thinking.

Thanks Randy.

".... so you see, dear, I bought my amp because it really sounded great with the 535, but then I got the tele, and this other amp sounded so sweet with that one, and this other guy has this really fine P90 job that sounds great with this other amp over here... and its a really good deal... "

Is there a twelve step for GAS?

".... so you see, dear, I bought my amp because it really sounded great with the 535, but then I got the tele, and this other amp sounded so sweet with that one, and this other guy has this really fine P90 job that sounds great with this other amp over here... and its a really good deal... "

I've noticed it's mostly a 3-4 step. See It (can also be heard it), Play It, Buy It. And as I've noticed from some HOC members, the 4th step can be Hide It.

Look at each guitar itself as a step. 12 steps. That oughta do it.

The Academy model looks almost like a single cut version of a Prospect Blues.

Very similar, aren't they. Just a bit different in body length. But overall, they look very much alike. Might have to ask at the tour if it's supposed to be the single cut version. Or vice versa.

Academy body size:

rim thickness - 1 1/2"

body width - 15"

body length - 19"

Prospect body size:

rim thickness - 1 1/2"

body width - 15"

body length - 16 3/4"

I've noticed it's mostly a 3-4 step. See It (can also be heard it), Play It, Buy It. And as I've noticed from some HOC members, the 4th step can be Hide It.
Ha Ha..That's the one thing good about being single..I DON'T have to hide it..

Archived