Heritage Owners Club

Gary Moore's First and Last Heritage!

yngwie308

Hey!! I don't have any problem with that..owning two!! I recently paid a significant amount for another style of guitar, the most I have ever spent, but there is only one in the world, has special provenance, was NOS from 1993, ect and built for a superstar guitarist..so I sold one guitar and two Marshall HW cabs, plus the rest was cash!!

How rare is one of 75 worldwide, whatever the buyer is prepared to pay..

yngwie308

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey!! I don't have any problem with that..owning two!! I recently paid a significant amount for another style of guitar, the most I have ever spent, but there is only one in the world, has special provenance, was NOS from 1993, ect and built for a superstar guitarist..so I sold one guitar and two Marshall HW cabs, plus the rest was cash!!

How rare is one of 75 worldwide, whatever the buyer is prepared to pay..

yngwie308

No you're right yngwie. I'm not knocking ya. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Didn't mean to offend.

No you're right yngwie. I'm not knocking ya. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Didn't mean to offend.

i probably paid too much for mine, considering the condition it is in, but i tell you what....any of you comming to PSP are more than welcome to play it and you will know why i paid for it :D

i probably paid too much for mine, considering the condition it is in, but i tell you what....any of you comming to PSP are more than welcome to play it and you will know why i paid for it :D

Man, now I REALLY wish I was going ;)

I had frankly hoped to hear back from Jay Wolfe about these guitars further, but I guess he is a busy man.. Thanks guys, I hope someday we can all get together and I can let you guys rip on this two beauties, the pics do not do them justice, or my camera, they are spectacular in person and with the superb setups and stainless steel frets, a joy to play..

Man I have always loved Heritage's and it is too cool to finally post on a forum I joined so long ago but never posted on. My newbie website www.daveonrock.com is still in it's infancy, but I plan a special Gary Moore/Peter Green section and I will tell the full story of Gary Moore Heritages #'s 55 and 45, one from each series

Here are some pics from 1989 with what looks like various Heritages:

1989_gm033.jpg1989_gm029.jpg1989_gm013.jpg

1989_gm003.jpg1989_0508_05.jpg

Dave

Man I have always loved Heritage's

Me too man. Don't the headstocks in these pics look so elegant?

I had frankly hoped to hear back from Jay Wolfe about these guitars further, but I guess he is a busy man.. Thanks guys, I hope someday we can all get together and I can let you guys rip on this two beauties, the pics do not do them justice, or my camera, they are spectacular in person and with the superb setups and stainless steel frets, a joy to play..
Really? It just so happens that a bunch of us do get together every now and then. Well, this will be our second gathering, this coming July 31. You're in Montana, is that right? It's a piddling 1700 miles or so from Western Montana to Kalamazoo, MI. :D

Man I have always loved Heritage's and it is too cool to finally post on a forum I joined so long ago but never posted on. My newbie website www.daveonrock.com is still in it's infancy, but I plan a special Gary Moore/Peter Green section and I will tell the full story of Gary Moore Heritages #'s 55 and 45, one from each series

Here are some pics from 1989 with what looks like various Heritages:

1989_gm033.jpg1989_gm029.jpg1989_gm013.jpg

1989_gm003.jpg1989_0508_05.jpg

Dave

Yeah, seems you joined about a month after I did. So ... 'bout time you spoke up. Good to have you here, Dave. BTW, LOVE Beartooth Pass, Wy/Mt. Been thru there?

Actually I live in Arizona myself and as I said am glad to be able to share in a place where one doesn't have the uphill battle of describing what a Heritage guitar is...lol!!

I was just playing my #45 today, the second series in Almond Burst and took some quick new snaps, the flame is beautiful on this one and it sounds darker than my Amber Burst, tone wise, always has:

Hope these images aren't too large:

GoldtopsandHeritage042.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage043.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage044.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage045.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage046.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage047.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage048.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage049.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage050.jpg

GoldtopsandHeritage052.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Dave

Thanks, yes the rest of the guitars (both) are stock with the exception of the Gotoh Nashville bridges and stop tailpieces. Plus the leveling of the fretboards and the refretting with the stainless steel DiMarzio wire, I'm sure John Zeidler did some work with the nut(s) on them as well. They are the stock EMG 81's from new, I know they have the EMG 81X's now, but I wanted to keep these guitars as stock as I could.

I will tell the story of them on my website soon......... www.daveonrock.com I am just starting out with it.

Dave

Thanks, yes the rest of the guitars (both) are stock with the exception of the Gotoh Nashville bridges and stop tailpieces. Plus the leveling of the fretboards and the refretting with the stainless steel DiMarzio wire, I'm sure John Zeidler did some work with the nut(s) on them as well. They are the stock EMG 81's from new, I know they have the EMG 81X's now, but I wanted to keep these guitars as stock as I could.

I will tell the story of them on my website soon......... www.daveonrock.com I am just starting out with it.

Dave

Dave,

Those sure are good looking guitars. Fretboard leveling, refretting, new nut ... that is all maintenance on a guitar. Just like changing strings. :o

Wonder who I got you confused with, living in Montana. Hmmmm. So, what part of Arizona?

Phoenix, the valley of the sun 'burst' lol!!

Will snap some of #55 from the first 75, the Amber Burst one soon, they both sound completely different in tone, isn't that cool!!

All the mods to the guitars were when they were brand new, so since then haven't had to do much except change stings and batteries every year!!

It's moore than I can stand at times, I do like other guitarists and only ended up with two of these sig models, by being overly anxious to get at least one, in the first place!!

yngwie308

i know how you feel...i was very lucky to get mine...at least i feel lucky to have scored it...it is the nicest playing guitar i have, IMO

maybe somebody will tell me different friday? :wink_mini:

i know how you feel...i was very lucky to get mine...at least i feel lucky to have scored it...it is the nicest playing guitar i have, IMO

maybe somebody will tell me different friday? :wink_mini:

I'll TELL you to give it to me on Friday!

(Don't think you are gonna give her to me though ;) )

Recorded around the time Gary had his Heritages this incredible version of Thin Lizzy's Emerald, by Gary Moore with the great Brian Downey on drums. The guitar playing alone makes this version absolutely incredible. Not many outside of the Moore inner fan circle have heard this version as it came in a metal tin as a mini CD single

EmeraldGaryMooreCDsingle.jpg

It may be Gary's newly acquired Stripe #9-2227 or it may well be the heritage I believe!!

Thought you guys would like it!!

yngwie308

• 1 year later...

Gary Moore died?

Gary Moore (born Robert William Gary Moore, 4 April 1952 – 6 February 2011[1]) was a musician best recognized as a blues rock guitarist and singer from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Being a Gary Moore fan, I searched for a nice Heritage signature model, but couldn't find one in my price range.

Please don't hate me for posting this pic of a very nice playing '01 Gibby.

RIP Gary.

that is a sweet looking Gibby there... !

Gary Moore died?

Yeah... sadly it' s true..

You've probably seen the other thread by now... http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11947-gary-moore-rip/page__pid__143642#entry143642

58 yrs. old, on vacation in Spain. passed away suddenly.

you just never know.

play your guitar today for Gary.

Archived