Heritage Owners Club

Heritage CENTURION Photos......

FredZepp

So I spent the morning waiting...

Sure, I did some things around the house. But I had a front window open the entire time , so I could hear when there was a new arrival. There is a certain sound to a UPS truck, so I was sure that I would hear it coming. I guessed it would be around 3 that it would arrive, but of course, I hoped for an early delivery. Hey,.... that sounds like the UPS truck now. NO. Maybe this one. Ok , maybe they don't make such a distinct sound. ....Waiting..

A short while later, listening to the breezes shake the leaves on the trees and smelling that special scent that comes with the fall season, something started to change. The winds bacame more fierce and started shaking the trees in a more urgent manner. You would have expected one of the "old timers" to declare that " there must be a storm blowing in".

But this was no storm, not in the normal sense. What was blowing in was a bit of Kalamazoo history. And this bit of luthiers art had blown in with a bit of magic and the attention of the forces that are as ancient as the earth itself. It was 3:05 , and I now had a large box in my living room. The wind calmed itself and I tried to do the same and proceeded to release this mystery from its container......

post-1051-1254860829_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-1051-1254864060_thumb.jpgThe sound acoustically is clear and defined (it's all Maple)

but with an interesting depth to the sound (at 4" thick, this is the thickest body that Heritage ever made)

It's 18" at the bout and 25 1/2" scale

Electric sound is.... WOW. I must say that this is probably true of any Eagle, so it's hard to say what is slightly different. But the smooth sound of the Seth Lovers is just so full , yet clear and well defined. And this is true with a nice thick neck pick-up sound dialed in. Or I found some mix of the two that was really nice also. The bridge pick- up would be handy if you had to cut through with a bands sound. But wow that neck pick-up NICE. post-1051-1254865773_thumb.jpg

post-1051-1254867927_thumb.jpg]post-1051-1254866635_thumb.jpgpost-1051-1254867058_thumb.jpg This is the longest Heritage ever made also.

The abalone blocks uses the "heart" pieces. Only one heart piece comes from each shell. The last inlay is engraved "Centurion", but doesn't show in these photos well....

Electric sound is.... WOW. I must say that this is probably true of any Eagle, so it's hard to say what is slightly different. But the smooth sound of the Seth Lovers is just so full , yet clear and well defined. And this is true with a nice thick neck pick-up sound dialed in. Or I found some mix of the two that was really nice also. The bridge pick- up would be handy if you had to cut through with a bands sound. But wow that neck pick-up NICE. ...

so, maybe it's what my late-lamented '00 Millie LE would sound like, if it had 3/4" longer scale. and 2 1/4" thicker rim. and 4 3/4" wider bod. and and and...:occasion13:

well, congrats indeed, Fred, and thanks for taking the time to post the great pix :o:occasion14:

:o

That is probably the most beauitful guitar I've ever seen. Everything about it is unusual. I had to double take the bridge - only one I"ve ever seen like that. of course it has a lot of attribues that I've never seen. A real masterpiece of guitar craftsmanship.

Archived