Heritage Owners Club

Just arrived 1990 H-157

ronalr

Just showed up at the door safe and sound...great looking 157.....here are a couple of quick pictures.....gonna play her now and then let you know how it is :D

can any one inform me about the tailpiece.... it is a TP6 fine tuning tailpiece.... would this be original from the factory or a mod? it has 6 little knobs that turn??? never seen one like this before....

1-2.jpg

2-4.jpg

Thanks all...been playing a little through my Hot Rod Deluxe and it really has a vintage sound and feel to me...chords are crisp and clean.....nice sustain....played some ZZ Top and and a little Zep with some distortion and it really rocked...went to neck pick up distortion off and backed off the tone and played How High the Moon chord melody and it can do jazz as well...really happy...Jay Wolfe was right.... it is in great condition for a 20 year old guitar...set up perfect for me right out of the case...... more later...got to put it away before my wife gets home and think about a story....uh it fell off a UPS truck dear and I could not catch up to the driver...somebody has to give it a good home :D

Super fine! I had a TP-6 with micro tuners on a G* Howard Roberts Fustion and loved it. So much that I put the Schaller version on my Roy Clark. And if you don't like it...it will swap out directly for more "traditional" (eye of the beholder) gear. But if Ren designed it, it's ok...right?

Thanks everyone for the compliments...it is a great playing guitar...nice neck...pups sound great.....but can anyone tell me how the tp-6 works...any special way to change the strings...I have been playing guitar since 1964 but I must have missed this...never saw or heard of a TP 6 till now :D how do I use it? I tried to google it but not to much info on how it works.....

Will take a family picture as soon as I can and post all 3 Heritage together.....and will try to make a few clips of it over the holiday weekend!!

Nice axe. My '79 Gibson ES-335 has the TP-6 tailpiece. Ren designed the TP-6 when Gibson owned the factory, so it is found on many Gibsons. The guitar is strung and tuned as normal, but intonation and fine tuning of individual strings can be minutely adjusted with the small knurled wheels.

but I must have missed this...never saw or heard of a TP 6 till now :D how do I use it? I tried to google it but not to much info on how it works.....

With three Heritage guitars and HOC membership...suggest you call the factory a introduce yourself to Ren. Tell him you got a TP-6. If he can't explain how to work that tailpiece, nobody can. Nice Tuxedo!

Nice axe. My '79 Gibson ES-335 has the TP-6 tailpiece. Ren designed the TP-6 when Gibson owned the factory, so it is found on many Gibons. The guitar is strung and tuned as normal, but intonation and fine tuning of individual strings can be minutely adjusted with the small knurled wheels.

+1

Ren showed his TP-6 when I was last in Kazoo. He said he invented it and I have no reason to doubt him. My LP has one and I use it to fine tune as the nights wear on. You'll get accustomed to it with time.

Nice formal guitar!

but I must have missed this...never saw or heard of a TP 6 till now :D how do I use it? I tried to google it but not to much info on how it works.....

With three Heritage guitars and HOC membership...suggest you call the factory a introduce yourself to Ren. Tell him you got a TP-6. If he can't explain how to work that tailpiece, nobody can. Nice Tuxedo!

I emailed Ren and he said he invented it in 1978...Jay Wolfe told me that Heritage installed them as an up charge throughout their history and sometimes they'd install one because they were out of the std. version. ....

Archived