Heritage Owners Club

H150 one piece top: which neck pickup?

MusicHyde

My .02 is to put a Duncan Seth Lover in the neck position if you want to keep the 59 in the bridge. If you want to change them out to another set then that opens up a whole new set of possibilities. Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays are great, along with WCR filmores, Lollars Imperials, Lindy Fralin PAF, ThroBaks, etc. etc. etc. Good luck in your search.

I second this opinion. I have a 157 with a 59/Seth combo and it sounds very good. The Seth in the neck at a higher frequency range well.

A quick question (even though i won't find it in Europe) : do you guys know a place (web site ^^) where i could buy another pickguard like the one on my Heritage ? I find it SO MUCH better for the Les Paul, it just respects and is harmonious with the guitar, as opposed to the straight one...

Just to clarify, you want a Heritage 150 type pickguard? If so, send me a pm with your mailing address, and I'll be happy to send you one as a gift.

A quick question (even though i won't find it in Europe) : do you guys know a place (web site ^^) where i could buy another pickguard like the one on my Heritage ? I find it SO MUCH better for the Les Paul, it just respects and is harmonious with the guitar, as opposed to the straight one...

Just to clarify, you want a Heritage 150 type pickguard? If so, send me a pm with your mailing address, and I'll be happy to send you one as a gift.

Sorry for the double post. An "internal server error" caught me out....

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks ! I still haven't changed anything on this guitar, but that's ok because it sound great anyways ^^ Here a new pic :

4508528521_55c3aeb103_o.jpg

B)

Love the pic...

I agree with the check the pots and Seth for the neck comments.

You may try the "direct from Heritage " approach to another pickguard, contact them and see.

You can email them, but sometimes you get mixed results there, or probably best just to call them and ask.......

• 3 months later...
My .02 is to put a Duncan Seth Lover in the neck position if you want to keep the 59 in the bridge. If you want to change them out to another set then that opens up a whole new set of possibilities. Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays are great, along with WCR filmores, Lollars Imperials, Lindy Fralin PAF, ThroBaks, etc. etc. etc. Good luck in your search.

Put a Bare Knuckle Mule Neck pup in and you will be beyond happy!

my .02 Mark

I would start with the amp settings, get the guitar sounding the way you like it in the open tone, open volume of the Neck pickup (SD'59). Then using the volume and tone knobs on the guitar and the tone/EQ knobs on your amp and/or effects and dial in your sound. If you are unable to get the sound the way you want it on both pickups, then a change may be in order. If nothing else, after completing this exercise, you will know better what you are missing or what it is you like.

I agree. Seths kick @$$!

+1 on that..But I've got em in a H-535, So it's apples and oranges I guess..plus here's another thing to consider..Almost any neck position pickup will sound bassy compared to the bridge by virtue of it's location..That's been my experience anyways..Your Mileage May Vary!!

• 1 year later...

Hello folks !

Just to give you guys a little update : i ended up putting a set of SD Antiquity pups, and the guitar sounds amazing ! WAY better than before, the tonal balance has improved A LOT. The higher strings are not harsh at all, even on clean sounds with the bridge pickup, and the lower strings have a much better definition. Overall the guitar is more articulate and balanced, exactly what i wanted !

Next step is a wiring kit from Crazy Parts and a new stoptail (the Schaller one is UGLY). To finish it all i'll ask my luthier to change the nut which blocks the strings and messes up with the tuning sometimes.

wow Hyde that is a beauty!!

I have a soft spot for the early 90's H150's as well, great guitars...I also prefer the look of the Heritage pickguard to the straight Gibson one

re: seth vs antiquity...from the mylespaul forum:

"Antiquities use degaussed alnico 2; Seth Lovers use full strength alnico 2."

Archived