Heritage Owners Club

Time to spill the beans...

brentrocks

That is something else. Somebody else said it right-Johnny Winter himself would flip out over something like that.

can't wait to see it at PSPIII

congrats Brent

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was kind of surprising that SD '59's would sound bright... but then again that is not going to be a dark sounding guitar either. I'm sure the maple neck through and Korina are part of the equation .

Vintage guitar described the '59 as:

Duncan 59

Ohms: 7.97K

Medium-output pickup. A little dark, it has plenty of bass and treble, with good balance and focus. Quacks a little, but not enough to overshadow the tone. Very well-balanced and clean, with good definition. Compresses a little when played hard, but retains good balance and focus.

Bottom Line: Clean and focused, with strong mids.

I'm sure Tom Short will fine tune it for you....

I was surprised too...the mahogany 357 was very dark with the schallers. Tom Shory is a very coll fella, we talked on the phone yesterday and he is going to build be a set of Mark Fords, cream/black zebras, single conductor, vintage braid. i believe he said they were going to be 7.4 & 8.3

This one has a more classic sound... I could really see some Stones or Neil Young coming out of this one.

You got some hard rock sounds out of it... but personally I'd use this one for blues or classic rock.

Yeah... some hot blues on that would do just fine...

[quote name='FredZepp' date='May 6 2010, 02:46 PM' post='101571'

I'm sure Tom Short will fine tune it for you....

Tom builds marvelous pickups! I have low wind Mark Fords (7.9 and 6.9) in my Twentieth. It's definitively...THERE!

Sounds like SH!T, I will take it off your hands quickly before others realize how bad it sounds!

LOL, Sounds GREAT!!!! I agree with Fred. It has that classic Joe Walsh, James Gang, (Yes even KISS) tones!!!

Korina guitars sound snappy and bright with plenty of "spank". Is this one LOUD with a big ringing tone?

yes it is loud! its not that the 59ers sound terrible....i just feel like i need to try something else in it now that i feel confident swapping my own pups....its actually fun for me now that the initial SCARE is over...LOL

I would go with a set of Tom Short/Mike Ricca Undercover Mini's alnico 2 Vintage Low winds. These will tame the volume, warm up the guitar and have that "Firebird look" because of the smooth covers.

Picture992.jpg

I would go with a set of Tom Short/Mike Ricca Undercover Mini's alnico 2 Vintage Low winds. These will tame the volume, warm up the guitar and have that "Firebird look" because of the smooth covers.

Picture992.jpg

if i dont like the sound of the Mark Ford Zebras, i may swap them out for a set of those undercover minis....i have been told that Tom is very generous about trading up if you are not satisfied with the tone, just un-soldier them and send em back...i talked with him on the phone the other day...really nice guy!

Yeah, he's great to deal with. Have you considered changing the pickguard, pickup rings and truss rod cover to black?

i have considered tortise, white, black is definately a possability.....maybe i should try all 3 and have a poll....LOL....BUT....i think that i would have to ger the guards from Heritage? and im sure they dont stock them.

All Parts or WD may stock them. I believe a stock Firebird guard would fit; and it would have the red bird emblem on it.

i wonder if the hole pattern is the same?

the rio grande's in the robin screammmmmmmmmmm... you should check out a pair. Bryan Gunsher of BG pups will wind you what ever you want. I have his pups in the 150 custom and absolutely love them!

i wonder if the hole pattern is the same?

No they're not. I just looked at a picture of mine. The good news is WD makes their own guards, so all you have to do is trace it out for them on a piece of cardboard and send it in.

No they're not. I just looked at a picture of mine. The good news is WD makes their own guards, so all you have to do is trace it out for them on a piece of cardboard and send it in.

if i did tortise...prob black rings?

Archived