Heritage Owners Club

Time to spill the beans...

brentrocks

Ah Brent please allow us to worship at your alter. Give us strength to wheel and deal, and forgive us our non Heritage truss passes.

You are the MAN!!!!!!

I definitely want to play this one at psp111

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep coming back to this thread to peak at the pics - what a cool guitar. (does the pic of Marv not work anymore?). Between this one and your 137DC, you really have 2 of some of the finest H's you've ever had, Brent.

Am curious on why the contact number for the collector from VG down in Illi... ?

Hi Brentrocks.

That's a real beaut ! Never seen one like that before,but I feel a little story coming on.In the sixties,1964 to be precise,I played in a touring R 'n B band,similar to the Stones ( laugh ) We were booked to play at Sheffield University ( England ),and the headline act were the Merseybeats,from Liverpool.The Mersey sound was all the rage,and there was a fantastic crowd in for the gig.We got there early,of course to set up.There,on the stage were 2,brand new, Gibson Firebirds & a Thunderbird Bass,leaning against Gibson slope sided Titan & Mercury piggy back amplifiers.It took my breath away.They'd only just become available in the U.K.,and there they were ! I was smitten! I looked at my Vox 30 & Gretsch Tennessean,and though 'You'll have to go !' I never got round to the Firebird,but I dreamed a lot in those days. I've included a photo of the Merseybeats,taken last year,yes in Sheffield,still playing those 1964 guitars.The other 2 photos are publicity shots from Gibson.History lesson over.

Back to your beauty.Once again,I'm stunned.It looks fabulous,and I bet it plays great.Heritage make wonderful guitars !!!!

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

post-1702-1273097710_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1273097740_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1273097752_thumb.jpg

Keep coming back to this thread to peak at the pics - what a cool guitar. (does the pic of Marv not work anymore?). Between this one and your 137DC, you really have 2 of some of the finest H's you've ever had, Brent.

Thanks Randy!!!!

Marv asked to not be on the internet....i think he is kinda shy about that kind of stuff

awesome !

now you just need 6 more to tie the 357 record, correct ?

No fair!!!!!! I cry FOUL!!!!

Just because you live up there near the plant doesn't mean that you get first pick of all the guitars from their personal collections! :D:rolleyes::D

Good looking guitar and one with a unique history to boot. Very SWEEEETT!!!

Thanks so much fellas!!

It has been a very fullfilling day....the 357 plays GREAT! it s a lil on the bright side though, i was talking to KUZ and he said that i should talk to Tom Short ... http://www.tomshortshandmadepickups.com/ so i called him and explained my situation and he wants me to try his Mark Ford hummbucker to warm it up a lil, give me more mids, more natural sound and tone down those tinty highs. I ordered cream/black zebras.

thanks KUZ!!!

I cant wait to share it with everybody at PSP, along with the 20th H 150 and the H 120 and the 137 DC Deluxe

Congratulations, Brent! I haven't met you yet, but you seem like you have my kind of sickness when it comes to buying and selling guitars! It certainly sounds like this one is a keeper for you, though. Imagine someone saying, years ago, "Yeah, Leo Fender was making this one for a friend (as he didn't play), but they backed out, so would you like to buy it?!" As cool as it seems to you today, I'm sure it will grow more precious as the years go by. By the way, I HOPE to remedy the "not having met you" issue by making it up to the PSP III.

Congratulations, Brent! I haven't met you yet, but you seem like you have my kind of sickness when it comes to buying and selling guitars! It certainly sounds like this one is a keeper for you, though. Imagine someone saying, years ago, "Yeah, Leo Fender was making this one for a friend (as he didn't play), but they backed out, so would you like to buy it?!" As cool as it seems to you today, I'm sure it will grow more precious as the years go by. By the way, I HOPE to remedy the "not having met you" issue by making it up to the PSP III.

Thanks man!!!

I really hope you can make it in August!!!

It has been a very fullfilling day....the 357 plays GREAT! it s a lil on the bright side though, i was talking to KUZ and he said that i should talk to Tom Short ... http://www.tomshortshandmadepickups.com/ so i called him and explained my situation and he wants me to try his Mark Ford hummbucker to warm it up a lil, give me more mids, more natural sound and tone down those tinty highs. I ordered cream/black zebras.

I'm not sure what strings you have on it, but you might try putting some DR Pure Blues on it. I was surprised by the change in balance vs D'Addario 110EXLs. Smoother top end, rounder sound overall. It might be enough to tame the highs and give you the mid bump you like.

You dog Brent. Congratulations. I've been talking to Bill and Marv about a 357 build

and Marv asked if I'd be interested in the Korina. I wanted to order something a little

different than the Korina but that is a beauty. Enjoy

I'm not sure what strings you have on it, but you might try putting some DR Pure Blues on it. I was surprised by the change in balance vs D'Addario 110EXLs. Smoother top end, rounder sound overall. It might be enough to tame the highs and give you the mid bump you like.

never thought about trying different strings?

This axe has "rock" written all over it! :rolleyes: Great find! BTW, do you know the build date?

Brent~ That 357 is MUCH nicer than any Firebird I've ever seen! I had a hard time not hyper-ventilating after viewing the photos!! I've never been attacted to that style of guitar, but thanks to Master Marv, I'm in total awe of that fine instrument.

Congratulations, my friend. You did good......REAL good! :o

I HATE YOU!

(I mean that in a nice way.) Serial no? Here's something to consider, Brent. Uh, Banjo Tuners, dude.

But only if there's no drilling involved. My compliments to the chef!

It was kind of surprising that SD '59's would sound bright... but then again that is not going to be a dark sounding guitar either. I'm sure the maple neck through and Korina are part of the equation .

Vintage guitar described the '59 as:

Duncan 59

Ohms: 7.97K

Medium-output pickup. A little dark, it has plenty of bass and treble, with good balance and focus. Quacks a little, but not enough to overshadow the tone. Very well-balanced and clean, with good definition. Compresses a little when played hard, but retains good balance and focus.

Bottom Line: Clean and focused, with strong mids.

I'm sure Tom Short will fine tune it for you....

Archived