Heritage Owners Club

Time to spill the beans...

brentrocks

I was able to pick up my newest addition to my Heritage family today. I was being so secretive because i was waiting to her back from Marv, since i bought this guitar from Marv, it is one out of his personal collection.

It is a Korina H 357.

Marv built this guitar for himself, but then over some discussions, and such decided that he really didnt need it and agreed to sell it to me.

It mirrors the "classic" H 357 specs....except for the addition of a bound neck and trap inlays. It weighs in at a mere 7 lbs. Marv told me he had always wanted to build one of these out of Korina, and enjoyed making it, but decided that he just didnt need another guitar floating around his house.

The center block is a piece of maple sandwiched between 2 chunks of flamed korina. The wings are 1 piece korina. Rosewood board with MOP traps. The neck is very uniqe, because as Marv told me, he formed the neck "the way he liked it." It is beefier D shape...but the shoulder on the treble side is MUCH thinner than the bass side...which makes it really comfortable!

It has SD '59s, 500K pots, pretty much standard

What was that....you want to see some pics? WHEEWWWW...i just made it home before the rain storm :rolleyes:

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

The master and his piece..

DSCN0645.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beans are spilled... spilled%20the%20beans.jpg

I had a feeling that this was going to be a Firebird... but wouldn't have guessed one from the Marv Lamb collection....

I don't have to tell you ... This one is awesome !!!!!!

GREAT GRAB ..... awesome, awesome awesome. Congrats.

Korina excellence... crafted by Marv ... BEAUTIFUL

I got first dibs..........

:rolleyes::D :D

Hey, you should have Marv write you a quick Letter of Authenticity ... you know just a note to put with the guitar that tells of it's crafting by its former owner.... it bit of it's history.

Holy Crap Brent!! that would make Johnny Winter BLUSH!! Congrats!! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::D :D

Hey, you should have Marv write you a quick Letter of Authenticity ... you know just a note to put with the guitar that tells of it's crafting by its former owner.... it bit of it's history.

Thanks guys! I just got done playing it for the first time, plugged in! WOW!!! The neck is chunky, but the way Marv carved it with the slimmer trebble shoulder, makes it really comfortable to play!

FRED!! you are prob right about the letter....i could draft something up and have him sign it....great idea!!!

I never thought i would ever have the chance to own a Heritage like this....it WILL be at PSP III, VI, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, etc.....it will be ripe for the playing, all are welcome to give it a spank!!!

A truly stunning one-off with the best of pedigrees!!! That instrument is from the inner circle. A proprietary Heritage piece. You are to be congratulated and envied, my friend. Very, very fine! Just a stunner!

That is a wonderful piece Brent, and what a great history. That is one I am willing to wager will very much go up in value, as well as make you very happy playing it today. Nicely done.

Brent called me on his way to pickup this beauty. He kept me in the dark too, but needed someone to talk to on the way over (I think he was afraid he would paas out at the wheel from his excitement). He told me what it was.

Later, he called me back and described the whole guitar to me.

Just one thing I have to say Brent..... Your words were not able describe how beautiful that guitar is!!!!! I am not even a 357 fan really, but I am throwing my hat into to the "dibbs" ring after the others.

Man, I could see myself with that guitar!!!!

SIMPLY GORGEOUS BRENT!!!!!

Brent called me on his way to pickup this beauty. He kept me in the dark too, but needed someone to talk to on the way over (I think he was afraid he would paas out at the wheel from his excitement). He told me what it was.

Later, he called me back and described the whole guitar to me.

Just one thing I have to say Brent..... Your words were not able describe how beautiful that guitar is!!!!! I am not even a 357 fan really, but I am throwing my hat into to the "dibbs" ring after the others.

Man, I could see myself with that guitar!!!!

SIMPLY GORGEOUS BRENT!!!!!

I knew he was going to get it when I talked to him about buying the H-137..But I kept my mouth shut about it..It was worth the wait..WOWZERS!!

I was able to pick up my newest addition to my Heritage family today. I was being so secretive because i was waiting to her back from Marv, since i bought this guitar from Marv, it is one out of his personal collection.

It is a Korina H 357.

Marv built this guitar for himself, but then over some discussions, and such decided that he really didnt need it and agreed to sell it to me.

It mirrors the "classic" H 357 specs....except for the addition of a bound neck and trap inlays. It weighs in at a mere 7 lbs. Marv told me he had always wanted to build one of these out of Korina, and enjoyed making it, but decided that he just didnt need another guitar floating around his house.

The center block is a piece of maple sandwiched between 2 chunks of flamed korina. The wings are 1 piece korina. Rosewood board with MOP traps. The neck is very uniqe, because as Marv told me, he formed the neck "the way he liked it." It is beefier D shape...but the shoulder on the treble side is MUCH thinner than the bass side...which makes it really comfortable!

It has SD '59s, 500K pots, pretty much standard

What was that....you want to see some pics? WHEEWWWW...i just made it home before the rain storm :rolleyes:

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

The master and his piece..

DSCN0645.jpg

Nothin Stock about that one !! Congrat's Brent!!!!!!

Archived