Heritage Owners Club

Found a new H525 at great price.....look at these and let me know

jazzalicious

That one's a honey! Don't own one, but I've played John's (Kuz). They sound fabulous! Just about nothing one can't squeeze out of one! Kenny's observation regarding the "burn" from the hanger is a good point! Want one? Get one! It's a short, short life!

Hi guys.

Gonna go for it. Putting a down payment.

Dealer's sending more pics.

Gotta quickly sell my PRS hollowbody now to get it.

2 questions for those who own them......

1)is there a good weight balance? I own some thinlines that have a neck dive.

2) how do they sound acoustically?

thanks for the help and support.

Jazzalicious

Hi guys.

Jazzalicious

The H525's have a loyal and enthusiastic following here.. you'll be well pleased, I am sure.

Hi guys.

2 questions for those who own them......

1)is there a good weight balance? I own some thinlines that have a neck dive.

2) how do they sound acoustically?

Jazzalicious

Congratulations, J! Very good weight balance with no neck dive. Very comfortable both sitting and standing w/strap. Lightweight at just over 6 lbs. How do they sound acoustically?... well, fine I guess. I wouldn't say there's anything exceptional to the unplugged sound - they sound like a hollow/thin body might be expected to sound. Which is they're fine, but not to the extent that you'd necessarily want to mic it to capture it's acoustic timbre.

But plugged in... come ON now. They are a wonderful guitar to play. Not fully jazz although the neck gets in that territory with a nice full sound. Bridge is very rock-a-billy, Scotty Moore sounding. I really like the 'tweener ranges as there are a lot of variation in there - the pus are so well balanced. Wonderful 'honk' in there.

The above comments from a very biased owner/player. Side effects may include perceived loss of time, extreme meditative trance-like states, loss of interest in other guitars, and pursuit of other Heritage models.

Congratulations, J! Very good weight balance with no neck dive. Very comfortable both sitting and standing w/strap. Lightweight at just over 6 lbs. How do they sound acoustically?... well, fine I guess. I wouldn't say there's anything exceptional to the unplugged sound - they sound like a hollow/thin body might be expected to sound. Which is they're fine, but not to the extent that you'd necessarily want to mic it to capture it's acoustic timbre.

But plugged in... come ON now. They are a wonderful guitar to play. Not fully jazz although the neck gets in that territory with a nice full sound. Bridge is very rock-a-billy, Scotty Moore sounding. I really like the 'tweener ranges as there are a lot of variation in there - the pus are so well balanced. Wonderful 'honk' in there.

The above comments from a very biased owner/player. Side effects may include perceived loss of time, extreme meditative trance-like states, loss of interest in other guitars, and pursuit of other Heritage models.

Yea, what he said but I feel you can play straight up jazz standards on the 525.... they are just incredible guitars!!!!

Archived