Heritage Owners Club

new guy new heritage

kirkw101

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360359726877&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3036wt_952

Kirk here from Texas. I just bought this. I did some research and I think he is wrong on the model number but it looks pretty sweet. he has a 3 day inspection period so its a cant loose deal.

what is the thoughts about this early rare guitar? serial starts with "J" so that like 1993 if I found the right serial number look up. not sure if the pups are stock, I would bet not. Thats cool though,always do a swap. I've always like the slap LP's the best. Maybe its a Bob Marley thing, not sure. anyhow, Hello.

Kirk

nice! rare!

good deal.

the fact that its not a bolt-on neck makes it worth the price IMO

when I saw it on ebay my first thought was it fake. God bless Al Gore and his internet because I found this site and other folks with the same illness I have. Oh and pictures of a similar guitar, I think it was cherry in color.

anyhow, I way geeked about it.

pic will be post once the beast gets here.

Kirk

The seller originally had it listed as a H127, which is the tele looking Heritage. It was up for a few weeks. Nice snag on that one.

Oh yeah, :this_thread_is_useless_without_

I know - you're getting to it. Welcome!

welcome, is that the H15o Special I posted over on the bay board? if so, interesting find, nice axe. look forward to hearing more from you.

The pics make that finish look very strange. Somehow, very appealing. Nice snag. And, oh yeah, wrong model # for sure. Probably a 150P or a 150 Special. Either way, welcome to the club. I think you'll like that guitar. :icon_thumright:

looks like an early H-137

Nice grab.

That's what I was thinking. Good looking guitar. I'll bet she will scream.

so I've been studying the pictures the seller sent me and comparing them to schallers website. the pups may very well be golden50's, the rings look like a dead match. tailpiece looks to be a schaller as well.

an all stock 1993, damn.

I'm so stoked! My AC15 is begging for it!

any ideas on the neck profile and radius?

kirk

so I've been studying the pictures the seller sent me and comparing them to schallers website. the pups may very well be golden50's, the rings look like a dead match. tailpiece looks to be a schaller as well.

an all stock 1993, damn.

I'm so stoked! My AC15 is begging for it!

any ideas on the neck profile and radius?

kirk

I'm sure your AC15 is going to LOVE it!

The neck profile and radius is hard to say... they are a custom shop through and through, and it also seems like this changes from time time along with the trend of what other customers are ordering.

If I had to guess, I'd say most likely medium on the chunky scale, and probably a C profile.

I will once it gets here. I shot the good folks at Heritage the serial number, lets see if they have something on file.

kirk

Doubt it. Especially from 1993. Not the best guys at record keeping.

At first I thought it was a 137, too. But thought I caught a glimpse of carved top, so went with the 150. This one is cool! You'll def want your own pics .... just for us!! ... when you get it. And thru an AC15? Yeah, baby!! :icon_thumright:

I just shot the seller a question asking if its a flat top or a carved top. It doesn't really matter to me, but how cool is that freakin guitar!!! This is going to be a LONG wait!!

thanks for all the input guys. Pics and sound clips will follow once I get it and evaluate set up and strings etc....

Kirk

seller just emailed me, he said the top is not totally flat, it has a slight arch. He also said there is nothing inside the control cavity. He said he would shoot me a photo of the control cavity.

I tried to call Heritage and they are closed till July 11th. MAN THIS IS KILLIN' ME!!!! The mystery continues????????????

Kirk

seller just emailed me, he said the top is not totally flat, it has a slight arch. He also said there is nothing inside the control cavity. He said he would shoot me a photo of the control cavity.

I tried to call Heritage and they are closed till July 11th. MAN THIS IS KILLIN' ME!!!! The mystery continues????????????

Kirk

Check out these shots of Mr Seacups 137D in the gallery ...

gallery_3_1_1287889.jpg

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/med_image/13-h137d-first-run/

gallery_3_1_2850696.jpg

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/uploads/1241223525/med_gallery_3_1_2850696.jpg

Notice the very slight arch to the top

:icon_thumright:

Yes- 1'st version H137, Antique Sunburst finish, prolly Schaller pickups. Buddy of mine plays one & "loves" it.

Jay Wolfe

y'all are killing me!!!! good thing the boss is out of the office today!!!!

it has that same soft point on the cut away. So stoked!!!!

Safe to assume I got a good price on it right?

Kirk

Archived