Heritage Owners Club

new guy new heritage

kirkw101

In my Unexpert opinion, Looks like a nice guitar at a Great Price!!

Yes- 1'st version H137, Antique Sunburst finish, prolly Schaller pickups. Buddy of mine plays one & "loves" it.

Jay Wolfe

kirkw101, welcome to the HOC, and congratulations! It's not everyone who elicits a post on a specific guitar, from Jay. He's only the biggest Heritage dealer in the world. Looking forward to hearing you wax rhapsodic about your new plank, once you've had a chance to spank it!

I've been looking for clips of the golden50's pick ups but have not found much. Anybody have some they care to share? How do this compare to say classic57's? I hope they are better than those weak lifeless pickups in the faded LP that "G" is selling.

reviews, demos or general impressions of the golden50's would be great.

kirk

I've been looking for clips of the golden50's pick ups but have not found much. Anybody have some they care to share? How do this compare to say classic57's? I hope they are better than those weak lifeless pickups in the faded LP that "G" is selling.

reviews, demos or general impressions of the golden50's would be great.

kirk

Wait a sec now! The Faded Cherry and Brown LP's have burstbucker pro's, which imho is a great set of pickups. The faded ebony has those cruddy 490's in them.

Yes- 1'st version H137, Antique Sunburst finish, prolly Schaller pickups. Buddy of mine plays one & "loves" it.

Jay Wolfe

jay has spoken, good enough for me.

welcome to the forum, and to get a Heritage at that price would be a dream in the UK.

still waiting on the fedex guy. website says on the truck. my babysitter called in sick so I've been staring out the window all day. I've got the AC15 warmed up and the switch is on standby. so is my tuner and pick!!!!!!

report to follow SOON, I hope.

Kirk

nothing on the inside of this guitar.

It came with a Dean LP style HSC, good latches.

Buzzed like crazy!!!!! No fret wear really. neck was laid back just a touch and bridge was bottomed out.

I put on new strings and a good wipe down, adjust truss rod and bridge. Got tuned up and went after it.

First thought, southern rock machine. not to gritty not to clean. Neck is nice shape, could be a tad thicker for me but hey. tuners feel okay, maybe replace them down the road, they feel a tad soft. pick ups, schaller golden50's , I like. they get clean and get dirty, just when you want it.

Body, cool burst, this thing is dead flat! no arch at all. I like it.

pup selector needs a knob. pots are not scratchy but feel sluggish, maybe just a cleaning or maybe new pots.

I love the jack plug. I like that roller bridge, pretty cool design.

It does need some fretwork. I get some rattles in certain places. I don't know how to fix it but I'll do some googling and find out.

Is it worth 699? yup.

Kirk

I like that roller bridge, pretty cool design.

It does need some fretwork. I get some rattles in certain places. I don't know how to fix it but I'll do some googling and find out.

Is it worth 699? yup.

Kirk

I like the Schaller roller bridge as well, gives you side to side adjustment and is sturdy. Just watch when changing strings, the rollers can move on their own sometimes.

Glad you like it, good price in my opinion. I like the finish, I have a Hamer with that sunburst, think some old Gibsons may have had it. Enjoy.

...think some old Gibsons may have had it. Enjoy.

Classic '59 to '62 Melody Maker sunburst! That looks like a potentially great slab for the money! Well done! Welcome to the fold!

The pick ups seem almost like a P90+. The tone and vol knobs are very important on this one. I've found a setting that I think works. It was all in the knobs.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm a happy heritage owner now.

Kirk

Archived