Heritage Owners Club

How many of Y'all had your Heritage guitars built for yourself?

StevenTari

I'm having mine built at Heritage to get what I want in My guitar. How many of you have also did so. Just to get a color, Just to get certain pup's put on a certain guitar, or just to build one a certain way that you wanted, cause Gibson didn't have the time to do it? I don't have my new guitar yet but to Jay Wolfe,Ren Wall and to the people at Heritage, Plus this Forum. May your Holidays be the way you expect, and your life be made special by your existence in others lives that need you. Thank You all. LATER// Steven Tari // Happy Holidays.

I know I'll be very Happy when my new Heritage is sent to me.

Two custom orders here. First was a Millie DC NFH (no f-holes). Because I could and wanted to. Lots of forum input on that guitar, along with my dealer. Funny thing is, I rarely play it. Stays in the case. But lordy is it a looker.

millie2008-fullfront1.jpg

My second is my favorite - Custom Prospect. I wanted some particulars that do not come on the Standard. And with my dealer I didn't pay much more for the upgrades and customizations that if I'd bought a new off the shelf Prospect.

custom-prospect-fullfront.jpg

A custom millie order has been given.

Jay and I just put it on hold to see if Heritage can do carved maple back instead of flat mahogany.

( This was an option before, I realize... ).

Right after the holidays, we will sort it out and keep waiting until it's finished.

Here is a photoshopped millie photo that will look like my order.

post-5486-0-02683900-1321345026_thumb.jpg

Two custom orders here. First was a Millie DC NFH (no f-holes). Because I could and wanted to. Lots of forum input on that guitar, along with my dealer. Funny thing is, I rarely play it. Stays in the case. But lordy is it a looker.

millie2008-fullfront1.jpg

My second is my favorite - Custom Prospect. I wanted some particulars that do not come on the Standard. And with my dealer I didn't pay much more for the upgrades and customizations that if I'd bought a new off the shelf Prospect.

custom-prospect-fullfront.jpg

What colors are they. I'm getting the Trans Black, But these are very nice colors.

Can't seem to download images from flikr.... I have a custom build, ordered in 2007. It's an Almondburst Super Eagle. 1 3/4" at the nut, with P-90's. There are about five of them in existence...maybe. It's gorgeous, and more guitar than I deserve! I waited thirteen months for it, unusually long, but worth every minute!

WOW! what nice guitars. What kind of pup's do you have in them. I'm kinda stuck with the P-90's. I just don't care for the Humbuckers to much.

Fralin P-92s. P-90 sound without the hum...or to translate another way...humbuckers without the wooly bass strings.

A custom millie order has been given.

Jay and I just put it on hold to see if Heritage can do carved maple back instead of flat mahogany.

( This was an option before, I realize... ).

Right after the holidays, we will sort it out and keep waiting until it's finished.

Here is a photoshopped millie photo that will look like my order.

Hope you can get the arched back Millie. Think I showed you a picture of the one I had. I have had two guitars that I wish I'd never sold (of all the ones I have sold), and that 2001 Millie is one of them. Are you sure you don't want both pickups in that custom baby? You don't have to use them, you know.

BTW, my guess is it won't be a carved back. Probably laminate like the originals. I asked for a carved top/back on my Prospect and they couldn't do it.

Four custom orders here....

Custom 555 (1 3/4" nut width, 50s fat neck, upgrade wood package, rosewood fretboard instead of ebony, antique sunburst with lighter edges, no pickguard)

_DSC1911-Edit-2.jpg

535 P-90 (First one ever made, 50s fat neck, upgraded wood package, vintage wine burst, no pickguard)

Precious-2.jpg

150 Gold Top "Robben" based on a '58 Goldtop (9lb weight limit, 50s fat neck, poker chip for toggle switch, Ivoroid tuners, classic Gibby pickguard)

_DSC2166-Editweb.jpg

150 "Greeny" based on Peter Green's '59 burst (9.5lb weight limit, 50s fat neck, ivoroid tuners, special magnet flip Throbak Peter Green pickups, Vintage Sunburst, cream plastic appointments, no pickguard)

Greeny2.jpg

Are you sure you don't want both pickups in that custom baby?

I know :) However, I have been playing for 30 years now and have not been using anything other than the neck pickup for the past 20 years.

So, why give up mor wood or add a pick-up selector to my signal chain?

All of these things effect the tone in a negative way.

I am a simple guy when it comes to sound. I only use three pedals.

1. vintage R.A.T -> 2. Boss Octave -> 3. Boss DD-5 delay.

Sometimes, depending on the amp I use, I swap the vintage R.A.T with a Maxon Screamer.

Both with similar settings. For RAT I use Drive 9 O'clock, Filter 3 O'Clock and Volume 1 O'Clock.

BTW, my guess is it won't be a carved back. Probably laminate like the originals. I asked for a carved top/back on my Prospect and they couldn't do it.

We'll find out right after the holidays I think :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys BTW.

I miss those Thanksgiving Dinners in US.

I have lived in NYC bet. 1989-2006.

Guest HRB853370

Does ordering from the dealer per specs count, if the factory has it built and in stock? I only waited 2 weeks for my first Heritage, the 150 in my avatar.

Does ordering from the dealer per specs count, if the factory has it built and in stock? I only waited 2 weeks for my first Heritage, the 150 in my avatar.

Nope. Sorry. Doesn't count ............................. :laughing7:

Archived