Heritage Owners Club

NGD Patrick's Masterpiece

Guest mgoetting

I never like Sunset Burst..... until I say Randy's...... then Rob's....... then GitFiddler's........

THEN YOURS!!!!!!

It is slowly becoming one of my favorites!!!

Great guitar.

It's the one that was unfinished on the bench at PSP III

wOW..Those guys are truly the best in the world!! Amazing!!

Patrick,

I know you are burned out trying to post pics, but next time post this baby under the "Heritage Guitars" section, not "Family Tree".

Not trying to be an a$$, just trying to help.

Guest HRB853370
I hate the word 'cause my kid uses it too much but that story

is EPIC! Wow.

Can't wait to hear more.

Is your kid into cycling jazzrat? That is where it originated I believe. I get sick of all my cycling buddies calling every ride EPIC!

Patrick,

I know you are burned out trying to post pics, but next time post this baby under the "Heritage Guitars" section, not "Family Tree".

Not trying to be an a$$, just trying to help.

Kuz: I got all screwed up and turned around. It's posted on Heritage Guitars also!!!

Is your kid into cycling jazzrat? That is where it originated I believe. I get sick of all my cycling buddies calling every ride EPIC!

Will, guess all your buddies went down Hogpen in the rain the previous Sunday. Epic six gap!

That's a beaut for sure, Patrick! Congrats on the new guitar. As he stated, we're still working on Kuz, but sunsetburst IS my fav Heritage finish - wonderful guitar. I've missed the text... is that a custom Eagle? And which pickup?

I think I saw them on the Les Paul Forum too! :nono:

I hope he did post over there, then they will know what they are missing buying Gibby instead of Heritage!!!!

Many thanks to all your kind compliments on the guitar. All of those kind words belong to the people at 225 Parsons Street . . .. (lower level of course). I only spec'd it out . . . they executed flawlessly.

To answer fxdx99 . . it's very custom. 3-3/8" body depth . . 17-1/4" lower bout width . . . 1/2" longer body length . . . split block inlays . . . an upgrade on the upgraded binding package . . . Johnny Smith style heel cap . . . 3 piece neck instead of the standard 5 piece neck . . . vintage style Heritage tail piece & vintage style bridge base with the eagles inlayed.

To Yoslate . . . . as always, your words sum it up perfectly. It's a "classically beautiful instrument" When I first opened the guitar case . . . it was playing Wes Montgomery's tune "Unit 7" all by itself!! Looking at this guitar in person . . . then holding it and playing it . . . it's like holding a brand new Gibson L5 back in 1960 . . . but with a prettier head stock than the Gibson!! The larger body size and Marv's personal touch in rolling the 3 piece neck just took the already great Golden Eagle model guitar to another level. The shading was done by Floyd and Patrick . . . and according to Marv . . . he was standing right there holding a picture I sent to him to be sure they gave me what I wanted.

I think what surprises me the most is the acoustic/unplugged tonal quality. With the X bracing and the Seth Lover pup being a 4 point mounting . . . it sounds almost as good acoustically as my 1998 Golden Eagle with X bracing and a floating pup. As for the playability . . . amazingly smooth. Every note on every fret has an immediate snap back responsiveness.

The back lost some of the flame during the carving. When Jim and I picked it out, the ribbon curl was very predominate. It's got a bit of a bald spot on it now . . . but, that's part of the personality of the guitar now. I just couldn't be happier!! Haven't plugged it in to my Pro Reverb yet . . . gonna get to that in a few minutes. I'll check back with you later.

Archived