Heritage Owners Club

Thinking about another custom order Heritage?

brentrocks

While i was walking around the yard mowing today, I was running some options through my head about another custom order Heritage. Business is good so i think its time for me to help stimulate production at 225 Parsons St. again....

This was what i finally narrowed it down to:

H 157

Ultra top

No P/G

One-piece Mahogany body

Sunset Burst, bursted backside

Ebony Board, block inlays

Chrome Tonepro locking Hardware

Locking Spirzel tuners with ebony tulips

Tripple Soapbar Lollar P-90s with black covers, or maybe tripple mini hummbuckers?

I was thinking maybe LW? i'm not sure?

First thing I'd do is figure out who'd want that guitar next. ........... Sorry Brently, you're too easy to pick on. :man_in_love_mini:

The only things I see truly custom on that are the tulip tuners and trip-pups, whatever they end up being. The rest is pretty much stock on something in the shop. Why do you want a 157? LW might help, I guess. But you have some wonderful H's as is.

Don't get me started Brent. I've been assigning dollar values to a bunch of the gear I'm not using thinking about a new guitar or two an/or a new amp or two...

A custom 535...

A 525...

Maybe a custom 170...

Another Tuttle...

65 amps London Pro...

Tungsten Amps Crema Wheat...

While i was walking around the yard mowing today, I was running some options through my head about another custom order Heritage. Business is good so i think its time for me to help stimulate production at 225 Parsons St. again....

H 157

Ultra top

No P/G

One-piece Mahogany body

Tripple Soapbar Lollar P-90s with black covers, or maybe tripple mini hummbuckers?

I likey. Except I'd go with traps for inlays.

I've been dreaming about a guitar with the sunsetburst ever since I saw Patricks' guitar.

Brent, Heritage can't or won't do LW and three Soap bar (or mini hum) I tried, chris said he could not adjust the jig enough for the rout. Of course that was for a 170 so you never know with a 157.

I love the mini's on my 170 great sound.

Oh and my vote is for hollow traps, or nothing at all, think none blacker..

Guest HRB853370

H 157

Ultra top

No P/G

One-piece Mahogany body

Hmmm, the local economy in Paw Paw must be BOOMING!!

:)

It's just my opinion, but don't go LW. I really feel it will lose some of the bottom end. My heaviest guitar is my 150, and I swear it has the most bottom end punch of any guitar I have. I know there are huge opinions on both sides, that's just mine.

It's just my opinion, but don't go LW. I really feel it will lose some of the bottom end. My heaviest guitar is my 150, and I swear it has the most bottom end punch of any guitar I have. I know there are huge opinions on both sides, that's just mine.

You and me are DEFINITELY on the same page here. But others have thought different.......

Brent, I think you should consider the mini-humbuckers since you don't have guitar with minis and you already have an incredible P-90 equipped guitar.

You and me are DEFINITELY on the same page here. But others have thought different.......

The Popsicle (a LW) was one of the best sounding guitars I have ever owned. I wish I still had it (but am glad I traded fro my custom). Kates guitars ROCK!

You're thinking about Heritage guitars while you're cutting the grass??? You got issues man. I think a 157, with the multi-ply binding would look outrageous finished in a white . . or white pearl. With the ebony board and the BWBWB binding . . . . ouch!! Then definitely go with the block MOP inlays. But, you should source the inlays yourself. There are many different grades of MOP. I'd stick with gold hardware, only 2 pups . . . humbuckers of your choice with the gold covers on. Also, if your not going with the LW . . . your going to get a guitar that's near 11 lbs. If you do go with an ebony board, see if they'll do a BWB binding on the neck/finger board. It'll make the ebony look much "blacker". Holy shit . . . I'm talkin' myself into one of these! I'm going to butt out. Good luck with your choice.

Brent~ I say GO FOR IT!

They've done 157's with 3 p'ups as custom orders, but you might have to go with Phat Cats or Mini Hums instead of P90's.

Mine is exactly 9lbs and not weight relieved. It has 3 HRW's that work great in this git.

You've seen my custom ordered 157 before, but since you are considering a similar order, here it is again...

post-8-052102200 1287974763_thumb.jpg

Archived