Heritage Owners Club

Vintage Cheap Tube Amp Collection

schundog

I've known about this stash of old, cool amps for a few years now in a Rantoul, IL pawnshop, but stopped in today while working on that side of the state to snap some quick pics with my phone. He has cryptic tags attached to these, with no real prices on them. I imagine, if he decided to sell them, he'd have to research what they are worth currently. I didn't bother to ask, as even his cheap, 20 year old solid state Crate stuff was about 3 times overpriced, but it was fun to look. Sorry this will take a few posts, but here we go...

oldamps012.jpg

oldamps011.jpg

oldamps010.jpg

oldamps009.jpg

A fine testament to the available shopping our guitar heroes had to endure! Nice shots!

Now get out of there!

Neat stuff. I saw an old Ampeg there, thats kinda cool. I think other than the novelty of those old amps, most probably don't sound very good. I remember Tiescos weren't very good when they were new. I can't imagine they have improved much over time. Neat stuff to look at though. I Like KBP810's new stuff that looks old better. Take the best of the old, improve on the weaknesses and you have a better than the original with all the vintage vibe and looks with new reliability. I couldn't have said that better myself, wait, I just said it.

Archived