Heritage Owners Club

Took a lil trip over to K-Zoo today!

kbp810

Guest HRB853370

Yep that's it, though I requested to keep mine lighter around the edges so that the maple can show through

Can't wait to see it KB, I am sure you are really getting anxious!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep that's it, though I requested to keep mine lighter around the edges so that the maple can show through

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd think about natural with that piece!

He shoots! He scores!!! :icon_thumright:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd think about natural with that piece!

He shoots! He scores!!! :icon_thumright:

I am really giving that some serious consideration now that i've seen it... might need to save my VWB lust for another piece of maple at another time.

And here's my top! :D:dance_mini::yahoo_mini::blob7::hello2:

(just in case you couldn't tell from the emoticons, I am ecstatic!)

IMAG0504.jpg

So you're the one!

I was at the factory yesterday and saw those planks right up close.

You'll be happy.

Hmmm not sure what that finish looks like, does it resemble this one?

You mean the finish on the guitar in the picture that reads "Vintage Wineburst"?

Yep, I think that'd be it.

Guest HRB853370

And here's my top! :D:dance_mini::yahoo_mini::blob7::hello2:

(just in case you couldn't tell from the emoticons, I am ecstatic!)

IMAG0504.jpg

Where do those tops come from? And how thick is that billet of wood before it is shaped or carved?

Thanks!

Where do those tops come from?

Someone asked Ren that question at PSPII, I think it was. He deftly avoided answering, and I think I saw him wink, and grin.

I believe Ren's answer was..... "Trees"... :lol:

Guest HRB853370

Someone asked Ren that question at PSPII, I think it was. He deftly avoided answering, and I think I saw him wink, and grin.

Well, it shouldn't be a secret. And the thickness question, well thats just me getting educated.

That is looking just freakin' awesome!!! Congrats on getting a killer customer 157!! I would also seriously consider getting a natural finish on that sexy top, but obviously its your call...wine red would look just mental as well...you can't go wrong with a top like that....just scary pretty!!

:)

Well, it shouldn't be a secret. And the thickness question, well thats just me getting educated.

Will, Marv once told me most of their tops are from suppliers in Michigan. What state grows nicer maple than Michigan! :icon_thumright:

I was looking at some glued up tops last time I was there and thickness was a little less than 1 inch.

Archived