Heritage Owners Club

Took a lil trip over to K-Zoo today!

kbp810

With Steiner at the wheel we took a little jog on over to Kalamazoo to visit the fine folks of 225 Parsons Street!

Just felt the need to make the trip in celebration of my first custom order ^_^

Aside from all the magic and mojo, it still amazes me how an average joe-smoe like me can walk in and receive such a friendly greeting and be made to feel so welcome; almost as if they had personally invited us to stop on by and were glad we did! (well okay, I did call ahead and let them know we were coming, lol)

I had some questions on a few of my wish list items, and Bill, Marv, and Ren were all more than happy to take the time to discuss :)

All more the reason why "The Heritage" to me is so much more than just another great guitar :D

When good enough isn't, head for Parsons Street!

2011-03-01102430.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Steiner at the wheel we took a little jog on over to Kalamazoo to visit the fine folks of 225 Parsons Street!

Just felt the need to make the trip in celebration of my first custom order ^_^

Aside from all the magic and mojo, it still amazes me how an average joe-smoe like me can walk in and receive such a friendly greating and be made to feel so welcome; almost as if they had personally invited us to stop on by and were glad we did! (well okay, I did call ahead and let them know we were coming, lol)

I had some questions on a few of my wish list items, and Bill, Marv, and Ren were all more than happy to take the time to discuss :)

All more the reason why "The Heritage" to me is so much more than just another great guitar :D

When good enough isn't, head for Parsons Street!

2011-03-01102430.jpg

NICE!! Can't wait for August!!

Details, please.. specks baby, yea...

Oh, just your average run of the mill H157 in Vintage Wine Burst...

...with triple mini HB's ala Tom Short (custom wound set with lower wind neck and middle and a hot bridge), split block inlays, abalone side dot markers, medium C shaped neck, and a request for a fancy smancy quilt top!

...with triple mini HB's ala Tom Short (custom wound set with lower wind neck and middle and a hot bridge), split block inlays, abalone side dot markers, medium C shaped neck, and a request for a fancy smancy quilt top!

Now thats the spirit... Love the triple mini's

Oh, and in light of the recent Heritage Mandolin spotting and eventual acquisition... happened to notice these hanging up on the wall today:

2011-03-01102910.jpg

You are lucky to be within joggable distance. Are the mandolins spoken for?

Oh, and in light of the recent Heritage Mandolin spotting and eventual acquisition... happened to notice these hanging up on the wall today:

2011-03-01102910.jpg

Yeah, baby!!! :icon_thumright: LOoks like mine is getting used a bit more than these two, tho'. .. :drunken_smilie:

DAYYUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!

That promises to be unique .. and quite awesome.

3 mini buckers, split block inlay, quilt top, and Vintage Wine Burst , those are some impressive specs. That will be one to see !!!

(As long as Steiner smoked his stogie OUTSIDE of the car!) :icon_biggrin:

Never happen.... unless he wasn't through chewing on it.

Brian, I am looking forward to seeing this 157.

What a trip! To sit with the captains of the industry, discuss KBP810's vision of functional beauty and watch the wheels roll in all their heads was enticing. We saw a slew of beauties about to be finished and hotties buffed to the max, about to be packed. All in all a very memorable day.

It's mildly ironic to see KBP810's days of dreaming and thoughtful calculations boiled down into a paragraph of specs. I build the guitar in my mind every time I read that paragraph and see a vision of beauty.

Sounds like a dream about to come true, Brian, congratulations! A pretty cool way to spend the day, too! (As long as Steiner smoked his stogie OUTSIDE of the car!) :icon_biggrin:

Never happen.... unless he wasn't through chewing on it.

Brian, I am looking forward to seeing this 157.

I had my normal Serie R on the way to and fro; I additionally brought along a CAO Cameroon to help the newest supporter of the guitar manufacturing nucleus celebrate his day.

you guys are extremely fortunate being able to visit and order face to face, that would be a dream for me. Imagine what a rediculous price other guitar manufacturers would ask for that kind of service, I can't wait to see the end result. Great that you have got this coming, when is it die to be delivered?

Nice! Can't wait to see this one.

Yeah, me too! lol

I don't have an expected delivery date yet - some items like the split block inlay fretboard (for a 24 3/4" scale guitar) are a one-off and might take a little longer than usual.

Wow - what a great spec'd 157! Choice selections. How cool to head in the car to talk over your build at The Heritage. How's that old joke go? - So 3 guitar players walk into 225 Parsons to spec out their guitars, Chet, BB, and Brian... :)

Looking forward to seeing/hearing it in August.

Archived