Heritage Owners Club

this is the best part

big bob

So did you refinish the back?

I did not refinish. the old finish is what will stay. but in order to wet sand out the buckle dents I must make the finish thicker while also getting new finish into the divots. So I shot three coats of new clear nitro over the old nitro and also into the old divots, now I will effectively sand most of the new finish off leaving only new finish in the low spots/divots rinse and repeat.. eventually the finish will be smooth and rash free, then I will shoot a coat of new nitro over the whole guitar so the finish will be thick enough for me to buff out. In theory an old Heritage finish with a new shiny top coat.

Sorry guys no good pictures, it's hard to shoot a dark back and have anything show up.. I'll get some soon I hope.

Here are a couple of shitey cell pics

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

I did not refinish. the old finish is what will stay. but in order to wet sand out the buckle dents I must make the finish thicker while also getting new finish into the divots. So I shot three coats of new clear nitro over the old nitro and also into the old divots, now I will effectively sand most of the new finish off leaving only new finish in the low spots/divots rinse and repeat.. eventually the finish will be smooth and rash free, then I will shoot a coat of new nitro over the whole guitar so the finish will be thick enough for me to buff out. In theory an old Heritage finish with a new shiny top coat.

Sorry guys no good pictures, it's hard to shoot a dark back and have anything show up.. I'll get some soon I hope.

Here are a couple of shitey cell pics

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

Bob, Where did you learn to do this stuff. I would have no clue.

Bob, Where did you learn to do this stuff. I would have no clue.

You need to see his paper/cellulous guitar. Friggin' awesome!!! B2 (Lanceroneous to some) has some mad skills!

Archived