Heritage Owners Club

Idea for a New Heritage Model

schundog

We all know Heritage has used numbers to designate it's different models; 535, 170, 150, etc. I was looking at the group picture from PSPIII, and there on the far right of the picture is the venerable address; 225... WHY, oh WHY, haven't the boys ever named a model after the most famous guitar factory ever?! Or have they, and I'm just a moron....

They had the Parson Street models in the late 80s but not by the number 225. That's as close as any I know of. It would have to be one special design, huh?

We all know Heritage has used numbers to designate it's different models; 535, 170, 150, etc. I was looking at the group picture from PSPIII, and there on the far right of the picture is the venerable address; 225... WHY, oh WHY, haven't the boys ever named a model after the most famous guitar factory ever?! Or have they, and I'm just a moron....

Just a guess, but there was a Gibson es-225 (and 225T two pickup version). It was a thinline with p-90(s, manufactured in the mid50s, with a trapeze/bridge setup sort of like the early 'Pauls. I don't think any of the Heritage model numbers duplicate a Gibson number, at least of any resemblance to the original (Gibson used 140 and 150 on hollowbodies.) So, unless they wanted to start a 200 series of solidbodies, I don't think 225 would fit their pattern on using numbers like but not identical to Gibson numbers.

Just a guess, but there was a Gibson es-225 (and 225T two pickup version). It was a thinline with p-90(s, manufactured in the mid50s, with a trapeze/bridge setup sort of like the early 'Pauls. I don't think any of the Heritage model numbers duplicate a Gibson number, at least of any resemblance to the original (Gibson used 140 and 150 on hollowbodies.) So, unless they wanted to start a 200 series of solidbodies, I don't think 225 would fit their pattern on using numbers like but not identical to Gibson numbers.

Aha! That makes sense, thanks for the history lesson. I wasn't aware of Gibson having those model numbers.

Good to see you posting here again. I was afraid it was "ME" who had caused you to leave, due to a post some time ago directed at you that I wish could be deleted from the archive.

Aha! That makes sense, thanks for the history lesson. I wasn't aware of Gibson having those model numbers.

Good to see you posting here again. I was afraid it was "ME" who had caused you to leave, due to a post some time ago directed at you that I wish could be deleted from the archive.

Thanks, Schundog. I'm back cause I hope HOC is back. No grudges. Getting back to the numbers (and maybe the pedantry, but hey, it's what I do) ...the Gibson numbers for new models introduced during the 30s/40s/early 50s often (there was never an "always" with Gibson, a tradition I think Heritage proudly maintains) reflected the introductory catalog price: so, given today's prices, a "225" would have to be a pickup, or a case.

I guess too that in Michigan anything branded a Deuce and a Quarter was going to be associated with a Buick Electra. You guys remember when the Limited was called a "Deuce all the way?"

It's ironic that other companies have played up the people and location of 225 Parsons St., such as PRS with their McCarty guitars, SD with the Seth Lover pickups, Stewart-MacDonald with their Golden Age Parsons Street pickups, and so on. I would always welcome a new model from Heritage, and their street name could certainly be used, with or without a number.

What about a semi-hollow 150 ? I always dreamed about a guitar as small as a LesPaul but semi-hollow like a 535... Guess I'll have to make one , one day!

Look at the Millennium series. That is basically what they are. Altho' not quite 150's. Or you could go chambered on the 150. Which, as far as we can tell has the same chambering as the Millies.

OK, I'll play.

Here's the Gitfiddler specs for a new Heritage model, H-225 Standard or Deluxe...

Heritage H-225 specs:

Body size/shape/width will be the same as a current H-155 BUT with single Florentine (sharp) cutaway.

Solid body or chambered lightweight construction. (optional single F-hole).

One piece Mahogany back with a curly Maple cap (ala H150/157).

One piece Mahogany neck.

Rosewood bound fretboard w/Pearl inlays. (Ebony optional)

Bound Headstock w/Pearl inlayed 'The Heritage' logo, with black stinger.

Maybe a H-225PS Parson's Street Special.

ha...I had a thread about this as well, Heritage 225 model or something

glad I'm not alone!

Oops, sorry Bolero, I must have missed that one. Like all my "great ideas," I'm usually a day late and a dollar short! haha.

Archived