Heritage Owners Club

Loudest amp you ever had!

Guest HRB853370

I had a vintage 300w Ampeg SVT for a while, 6x6550 power tubes

for kicks I would crank it through a couple 4x12's with a guitar, it was unbelievably loud

had a fantastic clean sound as well; I believe Dumble's "steel string singer" that SRV was a big fan of was based on the SVT

I used it for bass, with a rare Ampeg 9x10 cab ( yes, 9x10....just in case 8 wasn't enough lol )

I eventually sold it in favour of an old Traynor YBA-3 custom special & Big B 8x10, that I still use

From 1984-1986, I used a matched pair of Ampeg V-4s, 100 watts rms w/ 2-12 EVM ProLine speakers in each. They used to melt the paint off the walls.

Just OBSCENELY loud. I've never played it without the "virtual power reduction" switch off. Even with it on, it's crazy loud. Might need to get the clean channel looked at: it's getting some ground hum, more than the dirty channels! that's not right.

MarshallTSL122a.jpg

I have permanent hearing damage from a Mesa Boogie 150Watt 2x12 on full blast after a 15 minute exposure.

WHY oh WHY did you do that??? Those amps are just too loud to begin with. I rarely use my big amps inside, and use ear protection if i'm gonna rock out. I've always been on the hunt for amps that sound awesome but don't blow down the walls. not an easy task.

In 1969 I was playing thru a Kustom 200 (watts) with 2 speaker columns each loaded with 3 15" Altec Lansing speakers, black naugahide.

It was loud in the club, up the block and down the road but everybody played loud back then.

In 1969 I was playing thru a Kustom 200 (watts) with 2 speaker columns each loaded with 3 15" Altec Lansing speakers, black naugahide.

It was loud in the club, up the block and down the road but everybody played loud back then.

That was until they outlawed the mass killing of Nauga's.

I understand that with federal protection, selective breeding and much work by Pam Anderson and the PETN, the Nauga has been brought back from extinction.

nauga.jpg

The best you can hope for is Catch and Release.

Ok, we got the most inexpensive amp thread, the worst amp thread, the worlds best amp thread, why not the loudest amp thread! I betcha Mark (nonameband) wins this one!

I still have mine..It's My 67 Blackface 50 watt Bassman w/2x12 cab..I almost never use it cause it peels the skin off my face.. :drunken_smilie: Has a great clean tone though..LOTS of Sustain!!

• 3 weeks later...

WHY oh WHY did you do that??? Those amps are just too loud to begin with. I rarely use my big amps inside, and use ear protection if i'm gonna rock out. I've always been on the hunt for amps that sound awesome but don't blow down the walls. not an easy task.

All in the name of ROCK N' ROLL! I've never had a chance to make it loud, so when the opportunity came, I took it...

This is easy for me. My Rivera "Chris Duarte" M-100 with 15" EV. Only one time in the decade plus I've owned this amp have I had it past 5 with the master all the way up and all four tubes engaged --at a New Years gig in a big room full of dancing people when I finally decided I was going to get as much on top of an organ player I used to work with as he usually played way on top of the rest of the band. He didn't stand a chance, and neither did my ears, which rang for days afterwards. But boy, did that amp sound great at that volume. Rivera built all sorts of diode/triode half/full normal/gain stuff into these amps, but like all tube amps they still really needs volume to bloom, which is why I rarely play it unless we get a gig outside.

had one of those & agree. also had S-120 + the CS-212 vertical slant-front cab w/EVM-12Ls. similar loudness. surprisingly, my Komet 60 seemed louder. and my Heritage Colonial (50w) can keep up w/any 100w amp i've played.

My current Boogie Electra Dyne. My ears are bleeding as I type this.

Loud. I wanted one for the longest time. Bought it home and realised I was only ever going to hear it properly at jams and gigs not at home volumes. I didnt have any electric gigs and most guys I jam with freak out when they cant hear themselves breath over the volume of the instruments. We've lost a few band mates and jam buddy's lately and we're all scared we are next.

Well, most of you haven't heard anything about a german amp called STRAMP. Abbriviation of : Strüven Amplifiers. He built amps and cabs in the 70th as a copy of the marshall stuff, but did it better. I had a full stack that really knocked the head off. Compared to my dual showman, Sound City and Marshall plexi it cuts the cake. Sold it a year ago, too heavy, too loud.

My 1970 Fender Twin that I paid $100 for in 1988.

As far as I know it's all original, it's been in my closet since about 1990. I just took it out in January of this year. This is a picture I took today.

It was kind of a strange story as to how I acquired it...perhaps that's a story for another thread.

Edit: And I think it weighs in at around 674 pounds :)

post-4456-0-36533700-1305591054_thumb.jpg

Archived