Heritage Owners Club

I was changing strings

big bob

Thats pretty cool.

A long, long, time ago in Chicago, I worked at the Museum of Contemporary Art as a preparator. Me and several other people helped Sol Lewitt install a show of his art. If you know about Sol Lewitt you know that he does not make his own art, rather he writes up plans and has other people execute those plans. His drawing are made directly on the wall so if a person decides to buy a work they are actually buying the plans and the legal right to reproduce the work. We worked 12 to 14 hour days with Sol for around a week to get his show up. Suffice it to say we became very close. At the opening of a show it's customary for the crew to ask the artist to sign a copy of the catalog for them. We waited in line and eventually it was my friend/fellow worker Jim's turn to get a catalog signed and he asked Sol if he would sing it "to Jim thanks for saving my dog from that fire." Sol looked him in the eye and said "why would I do that?" Jim said" because it would be funny, and I would like that".. Sol said "No,.. next" .. Well all the crew were pissed off at his reaction /responce so we all in unison left the line, giving Sol the "you'r asshat" look. Ever since then the request to "save my dog from the fire" has been the litmus test for a cool artists. and well Kate passed. With flying colors.

No big deal. I found a similar message in my new R9 and my PRS.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I don't own a R9, LOL)

That is TOO COOL, Lance!!!!!

No big deal. I found a similar message in my new R9 and my PRS.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I don't own a R9, LOL)

That is TOO COOL, Lance!!!!!

What! No R9??!! But you told me last April 1st that you bought one! ... I was actually waiting for the other shoe to drop, saved the dog but left the R9 & PRS "firewood" behind.

Guest HRB853370

A long, long, time ago in Chicago, I worked at the Museum of Contemporary Art as a preparator. Me and several other people helped Sol Lewitt install a show of his art. If you know about Sol Lewitt you know that he does not make his own art, rather he writes up plans and has other people execute those plans. His drawing are made directly on the wall so if a person decides to buy a work they are actually buying the plans and the legal right to reproduce the work. We worked 12 to 14 hour days with Sol for around a week to get his show up. Suffice it to say we became very close. At the opening of a show it's customary for the crew to ask the artist to sign a copy of the catalog for them. We waited in line and eventually it was my friend/fellow worker Jim's turn to get a catalog signed and he asked Sol if he would sing it "to Jim thanks for saving my dog from that fire." Sol looked him in the eye and said "why would I do that?" Jim said" because it would be funny, and I would like that".. Sol said "No,.. next" .. Well all the crew were pissed off at his reaction /responce so we all in unison left the line, giving Sol the "you'r asshat" look. Ever since then the request to "save my dog from the fire" has been the litmus test for a cool artists. and well Kate passed. With flying colors.

Man, when I saw that the first thing I though was, "this dude Lance is awesome, he saved Kate's dog from the plant fire at Heritage a few years ago." Then I read your story about you being a perpetrator in Chicago (hmmmmm) and what a total let down!!!

Very cool story. I like the fact that everyone on line stuck together. This trait is hard to come by sometimes. In my experience especially in the corporate world.

So the guys at Heritage did the note or was it Koula?

Guest HRB853370

Very cool story. I like the fact that everyone on line stuck together. This trait is hard to come by sometimes. In my experience especially in the corporate world.

So the guys at Heritage did the note or was it Koula?

Ha ha, that would be a different Kate Hfan. Koula is Katie, Kate works at Heritage!

005-1.jpg

That's what it is all about! What about the message you found in the Popsicle 150?

This thread caused me to pull the neck pup off my 357. I found a sticker under there that just said, "Dumbass." It was signed by all of the people there and even Brent.

Lance - great story! Kate's a cool chick.

Bird -you are too funny!

Hfan there's a woman who works at Heritage, named Kate, she's called 'The Girl'. I'm Katy. (the other girl, I guess).

That kind of funny.

I have a 335 I bought new over ten years ago. It played good, but it had this weird, off key buzz to it. The buzz was there acoustically and in the electronic sound. Had it worked on several times under warranty, got responses from, "its fixed. No really, we got it is fixed this time. No really, I know we said that the last 3 times" then finally got a "they all do that." and they refused to work on it anymore. I got bummed out by it, and left it in the case for several years.

Recently, dug it back out and decided that I should just sell it. Was cleaning it up, changing the strings and decided to pull a pickup because I didn't know what the G***** put in at the factory. (57 classics if you're curious).

Pulled the bridge p'up out and found a shiny, brand new, 1/2" toothed lockwasher magnetized, the kind used on the pots, to the back of the bridge p'up. Sonnofa-you-know-what.

Put it all back together, sans loose, spare, washer, and no more weird off-note buzzing sound. None at all.

Would have much rather have found a note like that inside.

Still have a half a mind to sell it and get a 535. I've been so happy with my H150 that I think I'd be happier with the 535 too.

Still have a half a mind to sell it and get a 535. I've been so happy with my H150 that I think I'd be happier with the 535 too.

Great story :)

Get that 535 and spend what you have left on something nice too :)

Archived