Heritage Owners Club

Vince Lewis's Custom 'Sweet 16'

Jazzpunk

He also has Ren set it up specifically to his own specs - nearly flat relief on the fretboard, strings about a brazillionth off the board. Absolutely effortless play. And just such a nice guy, too.

The guitar in this video is a 1993 that started as a Sweet 16 and was customized to Vince's specs... including: Rounded cutaway, 7 layer binding, Super Eagle fingerboard, J Smith pickguard, split block headstock inlay from a H550, and HRW pickups.

Yes... it was a great time at PSP III , hearing Vince and his custom Heritage...

He also has Ren set it up specifically to his own specs - nearly flat relief on the fretboard, strings about a brazillionth off the board. Absolutely effortless play. And just such a nice guy, too.

That's how I prefer mine but I just can't afford to keep it going to set up to maintain that sort of action. I play with a very light hand generally.

I think he is playing throug Rob Slater's Custom 18 watter?

Good call Brent. Here is a photo Rob wanted of Vince playing through his Bitar amp.

img_2737_std.jpg

Who's the doofus playing bass in the second clip?

I believe that would be you Sir....

img_2734_std.jpg

I believe that would be you Sir....

Thanx, Bird-- I was just making sure. Someone that ugly and playing that badly has to be me!

Thanks Guys and ladies, That is actually my second Custom 16 that I received New Years eve of 1993. We used things from 5 different models actually..and I knew the neck was different with ebony rather than rosewood strips in the back. But..i didn't know until Marv looked at it that i was give an american eagle neck. the ebony strips and no black out on the back of the heastock. My first 16 is the same basic guitar in Almond sunburst and I got it in 1991 when I signed my Artist Agreement. ..Johnny Smith Pick Guard, Golden Eagle fingerboard with volute ( cupids bow) on the end, round ( venetian ) cutaway, 1 set neck humbucker, and H 550 split block inlay on the headstock replacing the Sweet 16 designation. My labels inside just say "custom made for Vince Lewis" and the guys signatures. The knobs are ebony and set below the lower f hole. The trans amber one I brought up last year has a tighter cutaway, and the knobs are above the f hole. ( You know those custom orders right guys? ) I love those guys up there, and it is certainly fine with me when things are not exactly the same. The top is a little stiffer on the Amber one which means less sensitivity to feed back. The neck on the Amber is much thinner than the ASB, and it is in flame maple while the amber is beautiful Quilted sides, back and neck. My 2008 GE is a beaut as well, and I may bring it up this year just to play the bigger box with you all. Can't wait for August, and apologies for being away from the site for a while. Finishing up treatment effectiveness, and things are going pretty well. School is out in terms of regular classes as of today, so I have more time to check in here. Just been really tired and trying to catch up on normality. Take car eyou all, and see you in august. Vince

Thanks Guys and ladies, That is actually my second Custom 16 that I received New Years eve of 1993. We used things from 5 different models actually..and I knew the neck was different with ebony rather than rosewood strips in the back. But..i didn't know until Marv looked at it that i was give an american eagle neck. the ebony strips and no black out on the back of the heastock. My first 16 is the same basic guitar in Almond sunburst and I got it in 1991 when I signed my Artist Agreement. ..Johnny Smith Pick Guard, Golden Eagle fingerboard with volute ( cupids bow) on the end, round ( venetian ) cutaway, 1 set neck humbucker, and H 550 split block inlay on the headstock replacing the Sweet 16 designation. My labels inside just say "custom made for Vince Lewis" and the guys signatures. The knobs are ebony and set below the lower f hole. The trans amber one I brought up last year has a tighter cutaway, and the knobs are above the f hole. ( You know those custom orders right guys? ) I love those guys up there, and it is certainly fine with me when things are not exactly the same. The top is a little stiffer on the Amber one which means less sensitivity to feed back. The neck on the Amber is much thinner than the ASB, and it is in flame maple while the amber is beautiful Quilted sides, back and neck. My 2008 GE is a beaut as well, and I may bring it up this year just to play the bigger box with you all. Can't wait for August, and apologies for being away from the site for a while. Finishing up treatment effectiveness, and things are going pretty well. School is out in terms of regular classes as of today, so I have more time to check in here. Just been really tired and trying to catch up on normality. Take car eyou all, and see you in august. Vince

Vince, good to hear from you and glad things are going well. Thanks for both the encouragement and envy you provide for the members of HOC! Hope to join you this summer!

Thanks for the info Vince!

I think he is playing throug Rob Slater's Custom 18 watter?

I offered, thinking it might be a good match. And I was thrilled that Vince obliged and played through my amp. It's actually about 22 watts, single channel, and employs El34's and a Celestion Gold 12". It is a Bitar, made by my good friend, George Bitar, here in Greensboro. George is a whiz, and he posts here, occasionally as "Blackjack." I have another of his amps as well. Two channels, also El34's. It's a piggyback with a 2x12 cab. About 35 watts. I tell George what I want to hear; he designs the circuits and dials the amps in with me. I'm really thrilled with the pieces he's built for me! The cabinets were designed by me, and built by wood wizard Ken Jones, who posts once in a while as "kvamp." Both of these guys do exceptional work!

Archived