Heritage Owners Club

Trip to Kalamazoo, part two!

kbp810

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

The pup's are a custom set from Tom Short, "Three Mini HB's with gold covers; Alnico 4 low wind for Neck and Middle, and Alnico 4 hot wind for Bridge". Ren did the wiring the same a three pickup LP, whereas there are three respective volumes, one shared tone; the three positions are neck, middle + bridge, bridge... I was sort of hoping for an option where all three could be active at once, and as such I contemplated re-wiring possibilties on the drive home... but once I got home and plugged her in, those thoughts abruptly came to an end. As is, there are three very great sounding and very different voices, my favorite of which is the middle + bridge, it gives this aggresive and punchy lows and mids with some interesting high overtones overlapping (I'm really bad at describing tone, especially when trying to avoid the cliche descriptors while doing so, lol)

Is it a heavy guitar?

Guest HRB853370

I was fortunate enough last night to jam on it for 1/2 hour. With a wide suede strap, I didn't notice the weight at all. The guitar felt no heavier than an unchambered H-150.

Aren't all 150's unchambered? Its the G brand that chambers their sh**.

they come unchambered, unless you order them to be chambered (i.e., the LW [Light Weight])

Most of the time, the G-Brand's are chambered. Some of their models, including the lower studio line are "weight relieved" which means they were swiss cheesed rather than routed....

• 1 month later...
Guest HRB853370

Most of the time, the G-Brand's are chambered. Some of their models, including the lower studio line are "weight relieved" which means they were swiss cheesed rather than routed....

And some are both swill cheesed AND routed!

Archived